Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-Release of Back To The Future.

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Ahh man, that just makes me want a BTTF 4 :(

They could write parkinsons into the story or something ..

If they remake BTTF with Zach Afro Boy, I'll lose my mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

OutlawPete wrote: »

If they remake BTTF with Zach Afro Boy, I'll lose my mind.

I will go over, strap up some C4 and take them all out on kamikaze mission.
    I will freak.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Ha, cool bananas. Poor guy though, his Parkinson's tremor seems to be really bad, even in that short clip of him :( still looks great tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

I am sooo bumed out that they arent showing it anywhere in donegal!As far as I know at least.
    Surely its on in Derry? TBH though most places are finishing their run now so get looking ASAP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Actually JCVD stayed working on Prediator as a stunt double and techincal advisor, but thankfully not as the Prediator himself as he was too short.

Really? says on wiki that he was "removed from the film", i would have took that to mean completely? it says as well as the size thing, he voiced his reservations on numerous occasions regarding the fact he would not be appearing on camera without the suit and, according to Jesse Ventura, intentionally injured a stunt man.....grain of salt as allows with wiki but sounds to me that he was a difficult employee and they got rid...

sorry for going off topic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Going tonight, can't wait :D

Just back. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Only about a dozen people there. Even though I've seen it a hundred times (including hi-def), I noticed loads of things I'd never noticed before, like doc's fake looking aged makeup & the buildings around the square looking fake (even though I've stood there & touched them on more than one occasion). Glad I got to see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Saw it in blackpool cinema in cork on wednesday. I'm not ****ting you, me and my girlfriend were the only people there! i felt like a rich person in my own cinema room.

anyway, it was great seeing it on the big screen, the two hours absolutely fly by, the acting, the dialogue, the one liners, tremendous. Loved it.

Happy BTTF Night. 25 years ago, Marty Mc Fly went Back to 1955

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Has anybody any idea about the retail cost of the Blurays?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I think it was 50 in HMV on sat ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Yeah it's on sale at 49.99 in HMV. No chance I'm paying that though. If you know anyone in the UK get them to pick it up for you over there. It's £27.99 on Play I think and around the same on Amazon.

Come to think of it I think it's about E35 on Play Ireland.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Has anybody any idea about the retail cost of the Blurays?

elvis jones is right, it's €50 in HMV, whilst the DVD is €25. €60 if you want the tinned collectors box which comes with some mini-posters and other stuff. Absolute rip-off IMO.

Online it's :
    €41.45 (+ €1 P&P) on Zavvi.com
    €32.03 (+ P&P) on Amazon.co.uk
    €39.49 (free delivery) on Play.com (i don't think an Irish can order in £ on it). It's £28 for UK customers aka €32.05 straight conversion.

As someone with the DVD trilogy already, i could only pay about €20-25 for it on blu-ray.

They're "continuing" the franchise by way of a game. Endorsed by Bob Zale & starring Chris Lloyd, rumour has it MJF will feature also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

iMax wrote: »
    They're "continuing" the franchise by way of a game. Endorsed by Bob Zale & starring Chris Lloyd, rumour has it MJF will feature also

Your link indicates they have another fella doing Marty's voice. "AJ Locascio."
    Good impression of Marty too from him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGOYoEQPqXk

Wonder what MJF might do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

jaykhunter wrote: »
    elvis jones is right, it's €50 in HMV, whilst the DVD is €25. €60 if you want the tinned collectors box which comes with some mini-posters and other stuff. Absolute rip-off IMO.

The shops really do know how to drive people to online shopping. They should all be ashamed of themselves. This will be an online purchase for me.

It should come with free shipping from Amazon as it is over £25 :)

bonerm wrote: »
    Your link indicates they have another fella doing Marty's voice. "AJ Locascio."
    Good impression of Marty too from him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGOYoEQPqXk

Wonder what MJF might do?

It's a shame that they couldn't get MJF to voice Marty. I'm no expert in his condition but I'd have imagined that this would have been an area where he could still work if he chose to do so.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    It's a shame that they couldn't get MJF to voice Marty. I'm no expert in his condition but I'd have imagined that this would have been an area where he could still work if he chose to do so.

Even by that really short trailer re-enactment it was clear his parkinson's tremor was really bad. With Parkinson's you also get speech problems (soft, monotonous, fast, difficult-to-understand) among other problems with muscles, walking and psychiatric as well so I'd imagine that it would be far too much for MJF to do a professional-grade job voice acting.

Just watched that trailer. Yeah, you're right. Damned shame. As Empire said this month, Michael J Fox should have been the biggest star on the Planet and yet he ends up like that. It's a cruel World.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Online it's :
    €41.45 (+ €1 P&P) on Zavvi.com
    €32.03 (+ P&P) on Amazon.co.uk
    €39.49 (free delivery) on Play.com (i don't think an Irish can order in £ on it). It's £28 for UK customers aka €32.05 straight conversion.

Shop Ireland has it as well in Euro prices with free delivery but for much the same as the prices here.
    As someone with the DVD trilogy already, i could only pay about €20-25 for it on blu-ray.

Agreed. DVD trilogy is there, and watched quite a bit, but I still cant justify spending 50 notes on the BluYay version! Cant justify it... didn't say I could resist!
    Might have to leave it for that christmas gift.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Just watched that trailer. Yeah, you're right. Damned shame. As Empire said this month, Michael J Fox should have been the biggest star on the Planet and yet he ends up like that. It's a cruel World.
    He was a really funny guy when he was active in the business but tbh he hit his peak before his condition set in and that peak was never that high. BTTF and Spin City were great and he had a good dramatic turn in "Casualties of War" but apart from that he never really seemed to be on track to being a superstar actor. Heresy I know :(

Oh yeah, I'm not blaming his condition (although it obviously curtailed his career), but he's so good in most of the films that he did make, especially BTTF, that he should have gone on to have an amazing career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Even by that really short trailer re-enactment it was clear his parkinson's tremor was really bad. With Parkinson's you also get speech problems (soft, monotonous, fast, difficult-to-understand) among other problems with muscles, walking and psychiatric as well so I'd imagine that it would be far too much for MJF to do a professional-grade job voice acting.

yeah his parkinsons is really obvious in the documentaries on the discs, you described the way he talked perfectly. sad to see. but great to see him.

Roar wrote: »
    yeah his parkinsons is really obvious in the documentaries on the discs, you described the way he talked perfectly. sad to see. but great to see him.

They should have done BTTF4 a few years back when he wasn't so bad.

There's enough talent in Hollywood for them to have commission a decent script, not to mention all the amateur material and ideas around that have suggested some great story lines.

Guess it will never happen now ..

I thought he was great as Dwight in Rescue Me and I'm surprised nobody used the mad car scene footage from that to create a fake trailer for BTTF4.

Thaw (2009) … Dwight
    Perspective (2009) … Dwight
    Sheila (2009) … Dwight
    French (2009) … Dwight
    Baptism (2009) … Dwight

Anyone that hasn't seen them, they are a must watch for MJF fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Funny alternate casting options courtesy of SNL... The Bill Hader impression in the second video in this link is the best impersonation I've ever seen/heard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭La frog fairy

for the ones in Dublin, it still shows in Dundrum movie theatre, right? or is there another place?

Really need to see it before its gone:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

It's still showing in Dundrum, but only at 1:35 in the afternoon and at 11am and 1:35pm at weekends.

http://www.onlinecinematickets.com/index.php?s=M-DUNDRUM&p=details&eventCode=5941

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I saw him and Christopher Lloyd accepting their award at the Spike Scream Awards on YouTube. MJF seemed a lot better than I expected though count that on the medicine he takes.

Worst thing about the presentation was when the Delorean came out on stage, the crowd went wild thinking our 2 chums would hop out when in fact David Spade crawled out of the thing and presented the award. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

GREAT SCOTT!

They're real!

Nike is only releasing 1,500 pairs of the Nike Air Mag. All of the pairs will be auctioned on eBay with all of the proceeds going to the Michael J. Fox Foundation which helps fund research on Parkinson's Disease.

Nice gesture from Nike.

Advertisement