Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

batch scripting for installing apps onto imaged pc for all user profiles

• 16-07-2010 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hi,

I am trying to learn how I can image a PC using Windows Deployment Services on windows server 2003.

I can image the pc itself in unattended mode using WDS and then get the pc to install all the programs it needs itself but I have a problem with one of the software installs caused or can be fixed using the batch file that installs all the software from the $OEM$\$1 folder.

So basically my problem is this. I am installing 5 pieces of software using the batch file. I am installing SEP11, adobe, office2003, movex 10.8 and movex v12.

Both pieces of software that are movex are customized software the company I work for use.

All the above software installs under all users except for both of the movex apps. The movex apps install only under the profile that was used when the batch file was run which is the local admin of the pc. If I log on as anyone else or another user this piece of software isn't listed under the start menu, if I log on as admin locally the software is there.

So my question is what switches or commands do I need to add to the below code which would allow me to install the software for all users so that it is listed in the start menu for all users. Code for installing the movex software from the batch file is listed below~:

I have googled it and found to add the switch /allusers=1 which should allow the install of the software to install under all the user profiless but alas this did not work for me :-(

ECHO.
    ECHO Installing Movex 10.8
    ECHO Please wait...
    start /wait c:\install\applications\movex10.8\IBM_Access_For_Windows.msi /q /ALLUSERS=1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭mikerowsopht

It's Ok, found the answer on another forum, it's "allusers=2" without the / switch and /q for quiet and /s for silenet/ background installation

allusers=2 means the batch file will install the program for allusrs and not just the local admin profile the batch file was run under during the unatended installation

ECHO.
    ECHO Installing Movex 10.8
    ECHO Please wait...
    start /wait c:\install\applications\movex10.8\IBM_Access_For_Windows.msi allusers=2 /q /s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Advertisement