Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Water Bottles

• 16-07-2010 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Why do they always taste so plasticky? I wash mine in the dishwasher and with normal drinks they taste fine, but with just plain water they taste foul. Is there any ideas or tips to avoid this?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Firstly they're called bidons :pac:

Try a bit of Mi-Wadi, may help.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I normally use squash in my Camelbak Podium bottles to avoid the plasticy taste but on holiday I was using some Tacx Shivas with plain water and they were fine (though they did leak a bit).

Maybe the material matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I find the generic elite ones that you get everywhere can be a little plasticy, but get around it by filling them with boiling water right up to the brim and leaving them to stand for 24 hrs before washing and using as normal.

The camelbak podiums (podiaa?) don't suffer from the plasticy taste imo so can be used straight off, and are in fact my bidon of choice these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

If you are concerned by the plasticky taste you are not working hard enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

filling them with boiling water right up to the brim and leaving them to stand for 24 hrs before washing and using as normal.

I do the same :pac: but not for 24hrs, just fill them with boiling water and let it cool a bit... works well imo. Bought a camalbak podium recently, nice bottles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

The Camelbaks are nice bottles but can be a bit of a tight fit in some cages with more rigid shapes: I find them a bit of a squeeze with the Tacx Tao, for example. I haven't noticed any plasticky taste though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

Camelbaks all the way for me and fit very well in an elite cage i use high 5 Zero when training and the berry is the nicest one.

Advertisement