Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend a mobo to oc a i5-750!

Options
  • 16-07-2010 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭

can anyone recommend a buget/value mobo that will overclock a core i5-750
    nicely. a little detail on the overclock would be nice.

also, whats the best bang for the buc graphics card in the 80-120e range atm. thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Gigabyte P55 UD3 ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

i would like to stear clear of Gigabyte(very poor quality in my ho)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

very poor quality in my ho

You really shouldn't have it in there in the first place tbh.

But seriously, Gigabyte, along with Asus, have the best quality p55 series motherboards you can get at the moment. They truly are great value for money. MSI dominate the high end p55 motherboards and Evga have some top end beasts. But I recommend any Asus/Gigabyte motherboard in that region. I have a P55 UD3 myself and it runs likes a beast

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Eh? I thought everyone agreed that Asus were to be avoided in the LGA1156 arena? :confused:

Gigabyte are good though, they've really sorted their act out over the last few years.

Solitaire wrote: »
    Eh? I thought everyone agreed that Asus were to be avoided in the LGA1156 arena? :confused:

The entry boards, yeah. The rest seem fine. :P And the 1366 Asus boards are woeful

• Advertisement

i had a gigabyte board fail on me last year. I got it repaired only to fail 2 months later when it was out of waranty and ended up having to buy a new board which is bull**** service imho.

the reviews are damn good for the Gigabyte P55 UD3 tho so thanks for the recommendation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

well stay clear of asus i had 2 fail on me i have the msi p55 gd 65 and have my i5 750 at 4.1 ghz no problem i also hear good things about evga board but there not cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

i would like to stear clear of Gigabyte(very poor quality in my ho)

Well that's your opinion so here's mine.. I've used five Gigabyte mobos in five builds and never experienced anything but sheer quality from them, whether it be build quality, value for money and/or overclocking options.

I've used the ga-p55-ud3r twice and for a board with as many interfaces and options availible for 130 squid, you can't go wrong! I recommend going for the newer revision though with usb3 sata6.:cool:

ok ill go for the gigabyte :)

Advertisement