Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilmore 10k road race 11/9/10 (Wexford)

Options
  • 16-07-2010 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

The Kilmore 10k road race takes place this year on Saturday evening 11th of September. This year is the 3rd year and we are trying to improve it every year. This year we will have chip timing and tee-shirts. The race is run by Kilmore AC and more details very soon and on-line booking will be opening shortly.

Rate this race based on, Scenery, PB potential, Atmosphere, Value, Organisation 1 vote

5 stars (excellent)
    0%
    4 stars (good)
    100%
    Dilbert75 1 vote
    3 stars (average)
    0%
    2 stars (poor)
    0%
    1 star (terrible)
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭bart simpson

The Kilmore 10k road race takes place this year on Saturday evening 11th of September. This year is the 3rd year and we are trying to improve it every year. This year we will have chip timing and tee-shirts. The race is run by Kilmore AC and more details very soon and on-line booking will be opening shortly.
    whats the course like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭HeavyRunner

Course on Google Maps at this link.
    The course is generally flat with a few minor drags. It is one lap along country roads taking in the two Villages of Kilmore and Bridgetown. From the feedback we have got for the last 2 years it is considered a fast course. I may be corrected on that.

Just added a page to the Kilmore Web-site for the race here

Just added a new web-site for the race at this link:-
    http://kilmoreathletics.com/10k/
    It should have all the info you need. If there are any questions please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Aquals

I'm hoping to do the 10k this year. The website looks great! Just wondering, will there be post-race refreshments and where?

• Advertisement

We will providing the usual refreshments in the hall in Kilmore village after the race just before the prizes giving.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭OI

Loved this race last year, great course.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭gym_mom

Just wondering.. what's it like for beginner runners. ie those who have just started running, are a bit overweight and who would probably be running only about as fast as most of the fit walkers. Are there many people like that in these races... Just dont want to come last over the finish line a half hour after everyone else. !!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭runnerboy

ran this race last year, very well organised fast enough course on quiet roads. plenty of food afterwards brought the kids to kilmore quayafterwards to see the seals in and about the port. good all round race

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

gym_mom wrote: »
    Just wondering.. what's it like for beginner runners. ie those who have just started running, are a bit overweight and who would probably be running only about as fast as most of the fit walkers. Are there many people like that in these races... Just dont want to come last over the finish line a half hour after everyone else. !!!;)

Hi, did this last year and will prob do it this year. It's for runners and walkers. It's reasonably flat bar one hill and a drag. I think it would be perfect for you.

• Advertisement

gym_mom wrote: »
    I'm involved with the club that organizes the events. We encourage all levels of ability to take part in the race and we also have a walkers section in the race. Hopefully we will see you in Kilmore. Here is a link to about 250 photos from the race on Racepix which will give you a feel for the event and if you check on our web-site you will see the results from the last 2 years.

http://www.racepix.com/Kilmore-10km/Pictures/90/

Prize details for 10k

Women

Overall - First 5
    Junior - First 2
    O/35 - First 2
    O/40 - First 2
    O/45 - First 2
    O/50 - First 1
    O/55 - First 1
    Teams - First 3 - First 3 team members score

Men

Overall - First 5
    Junior - First 2
    O/40 - First 2
    O/45 - First 2
    O/50 - First 2
    O/55 - First 1
    O/60 - First 1
    Teams - First 3 - First 4 team members score

N.B. First 3 finishers in mens and womens race get overall prizes regardess of their entered category

Also, spot prizes given out a random to all compeditors.

The Wexford car rally is on the same week-end as the 10k race and one of the stages is a few miles away in Bridgetown. Some people might like to have a look at that before doing the 10k that evening.

The early registration price of 15 euro closes at mid-night today (Wednesday). After that it is 20 euro on-line until 9pm on Friday and after that 20 Euro from 4pm on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭fitness fan

Signed up Monday night looking forward to it now. I hope you fill the race numbers its good to have races in our county and not have to travel to them , keep up ht e good work ! :)

Signed up Monday night looking forward to it now. I hope you fill the race numbers its good to have races in our county and not have to travel to them , keep up ht e good work ! :)
    Thanks for the good wishes fitness fan. Numbers are good so far this year. The on-line entries are doubled on last year with still today to go. The weather is the factor for entries on the day. We got caught out last year with the large numbers entering on the day but we are well covered this year. The forecast doesn't look too bad for Saturday, so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

4 stars (good)
    Can I just make a comment on this evening's race? My wife's been going to a few races over the last couple of years and, without doubt, this was the best organised of any in which she's participated. From the collection of her pre-registered number (she was back with it before I'd got my camera out of the boot) to the refreshments afterwards (there was such an ample amount of tasty goodies that I'm sure a small army could have been fed), the organisation was excellent. The race started exactly on 5:30 and the marshalling around the start / finish was excellent. Well done to all concerned - we'll be back next year, hopefully with 2 or 3 participants instead of 1.

Great race again today heavyrunner. Nice course. Thanks again.

Thanks to all who took part and also for the nice comments. We have just uploaded the results of the race:-

Results

Thanks to all who took part and also for the nice comments. We have just uploaded the results of the race:-

Results
    We do not have walkers times available yet and will add them as soon as we process them.

• Advertisement

Some cracking times there

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭bewleys berry

great work getting the results up so quick.........as previous posters have said it was a cracking race and very well organised.........lovely summer-like evening for it too

great work getting the results up so quick.........as previous posters have said it was a cracking race and very well organised.........lovely summer-like evening for it too

How did you get on Bewleys Berry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

Some cracking times there

+1, looks like it was the pick of the 10k's on yesterday.

asimonov wrote: »
    +1, looks like it was the pick of the 10k's on yesterday.

Hi asimonov, it was a fairly fast track, pretty flat for almost its entirety.

How are you anyway, hows the training going, any goal races coming up? Do you have a training log on the go?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭bewleys berry

ah yeah is a right little course down in kilmore.... a few small ups and downs but nothing back breaking at all....plus plenty of shelter on small country lanes/roads thanks to the ditches........the strong sun was a nice addition too (luv the heat):D
    happy with my run OI....mid 35s so that'll do .........

ah yeah is a right little course down in kilmore.... a few small ups and downs but nothing back breaking at all....plus plenty of shelter on small country lanes/roads thanks to the ditches........the strong sun was a nice addition too (luv the heat):D
    happy with my run OI....mid 35s so that'll do .........

Bloody hell, that's excellent, well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

Hi asimonov, it was a fairly fast track, pretty flat for almost its entirety.

How are you anyway, hows the training going, any goal races coming up? Do you have a training log on the go?

All good here OI,I'm doing florence marathon again end of November, was thinking of starting a log today for that. Good to see you back enjoying the running again.

New thread started for this years race at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72383554

• Advertisement
Advertisement