Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Access to arts and human sciences

Options
  • 16-07-2010 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I applied for this course last week and got a reply from UCD today saying that I'll be interviewed in August!

Has anybody completed this course?what's the interview like?I'm pretty nervous about it already,haven't been in an education enviroment for 4 years now!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭acostelloe1

Hey i also applied to this course and received that letter but unfortunately have lost it since. On the letter it confirmed a time that the interviews would be held between. Could you please tell me what that is? Would be much appreciated. Just need to prepare.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Hi,the letter I received from them last week says that the interviews will be held between the 3rd and 20th of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭acostelloe1

Hi, I received my exact date for my interview. I see you also have a write a short piece in the interview. Have you seen any more information on this? I presume it will be on something that is happening in the news recently or something topical like that.

Hey there,
    I did the same access course last year - history and politics - and am currently on my way into a degree course.
    Don't worry about the interview, it'll be more to gauge your interest/drive to do the course. They'll ask you what kind of books you read etc
    The piece I had to write was just a few hundred words about why I wanted to do the course. Nothing major, this is just to see where your writing skills are.

Anyway good luck with the interview, the access course was definitely the right choice for me. You will learn an awful lot, but it is a lot of work too. I feel like it has 100% prepared me for the coming years.

Advertisement