Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mercury visible?

Options
  • 16-07-2010 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Hi all I am just wondering if Mercury was visible with the naked eye this evening at around quarter to 10. I was potting about in the garden and went to have a look at venus in the west when I saw a another star, far lower towards the horizon near to where the sun had set. I went inside to fire up Stellarium to identify it and while it showed that Mercury was roughly in that position, you had to zoom in to see it. When I went back outside roughly 5 minutes later it had disappeared out of view; or ceased to be naked eye visible. Was it actually Mercury I was seeing there or were my eyes playing tricks on me?

Comments

Advertisement