Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone able to make app's?

• 16-07-2010 10:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

anyone able to make an app iv got a job if you can

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Care to give any more details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

I play a game called Tribalwars
    I have been speaking with a number of people ove the past while and there is interest in an android app for the game.

Tribalwars is a browser based game that works in realtime. There are a number of countdown timers so were looking for an app which will show these automatically on a widgit.

What im looking for is.

* Incomming/Outgoing attacks countdown
    * Headquaters building que countdown
    * troop building que countdown
    * Select village

Optional extra's

* message recieved alert(even a symbol will do)
    * Tribe forum message alert (even a symbol will do)

Would anyone be interested in this or how much would it cost to have made?

Well google just released app inventor which basically allows people who cant code a way to make-run-release an app which they design.

It has been described as like hypercard/visual basic - it would be easy for you to make this sort of app on that I believe.

http://appinventor.googlelabs.com/about/

Or you could pay someone for it - I have no idea how much someone would charge you for it but it seems like a few timers and alerts in widget form so fairly easy to make so therefore not very time consuming to make for example this would be a good starter style app for a beginner to make if they wanted to get deeper into android development.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

sadly coding isnt my strong point

hmm - look at the link its not coding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

No, but you would need to know how to extract the information and translate it into a widget, not something you could do easily I'd imagine.
    ..assuming they're not just independent countdown timers you set yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭yeroulfella

Well google just released app inventor which basically allows people who cant code a way to make-run-release an app which they design.

It has been described as like hypercard/visual basic - it would be easy for you to make this sort of app on that I believe.

http://appinventor.googlelabs.com/about/

Do you have it?? I registered for it but have heard nothing back yet.

I have not yet - which is odd as I got an invite to wave pretty much straight away and this is supposed to be a very open ''product''.

Advertisement