Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTML Code help

Options
  • 17-07-2010 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I only know a bit of html so need some help to do the follwowing.

http://www.explodingmarmalade.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=59&Itemid=61

So the above page on my website has a text option.

I want to replace the number that is being texted to
    "53220118" with a drop down with 3 names that you can text.
    Behind the scenes then each name would have a corresponding number that would be texted using the go sim system.

Also is there anyway of stopping it from going to the go sim website after you hit send.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Behind the scenes then each name would have a corresponding number that would be texted using the go sim system.

Something like this:
    [html]
    <option value="1234567">Tom</option>
    <option value="7654321">Dick</option>
    <option value="12344321">Harry</option>
    [/html]
    Also is there anyway of stopping it from going to the go sim website after you hit send.

You'll need to find out if their API offers any options that you can configure.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

Cheers man.
    Exactly what was needed

eoin wrote: »
    Something like this:
    [html]
    <option value="1234567">Tom</option>
    <option value="7654321">Dick</option>
    <option value="12344321">Harry</option>
    [/html]

You'll need to find out if their API offers any options that you can configure.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭scott.s

floydmoon1 wrote: »

Could be done using AJAX to communicate with the go sim website without actually navigating to it, but this might not be an option if your HTML skills are limited

Advertisement