Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alien Swarm to be released for free Monday

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

This game is actually rather good. I played it a while back 2 player co-op. Very good fun, kinda old school but it's very enjoyable.

Also, it's free, so download it for christ's sake :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

to get you in the mood download this remake of the game it was based on, Alien Breed
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/xavnet/alienbreed/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

It looks remarkably similar to the new instalment of the Alien Breed series, entitled Alien Breed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Cool, used to play the UT2004 version of this alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

will it only be free for a limited time cos i'm on shíte bb here so i won't be able to download it for ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

whiteman19 wrote: »
    will it only be free for a limited time cos i'm on shíte bb here so i won't be able to download it for ages.

Think it's free forever but if not then simply register it to your Steam account while it is free then download it at your leisure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

oh right. i'm a noob to steam and this legal downloading malarky. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 83,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

its a valve sourcemod. knowing valve, it will be free forever. else why release the game code?

that would be like taking all the addons to TF2 next week and telling people they need to pay $30 each to keep using it all.

Overheal wrote: »
    its a valve sourcemod. knowing valve, it will be free forever. else why release the game code?

that would be like taking all the addons to TF2 next week and telling people they need to pay $30 each to keep using it all.

Add-ons to TF2? Do tell!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Anyone know if this can be downloaded after midnight tonight? I just looked at the countdown and it says 1 day and 2 hours left. Doesn't seem right...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i think that is west coast american time, it was the same with the Steam sales

Add-ons to TF2? Do tell!
    http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Patches

Overheal wrote: »

Sorry, misunderstood. I thought you were saying there was a new update due next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Well there is a weapons pack due in the next few weeks (the Polycount competition) but no word on the exact date.

Alien Storm is out around 8pm, it has 3 hours to go right now. how many players online at a time do you think?? Think I remember 4-per game in the original.

Considering they opened the game code and are delivering it free to the masses?

The stock might be 4 but I wouldn't be surprised if it was supporting a lot more than that within a few weeks. TF2 is balanced for 24 but has been commonly played at 32 since launch. And I've seen excess of 40 in a CSS match.

Oh hey thats tonight its out. Bitchin'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

hmm... is this on valve time?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Naturally.

hmm... is this on valve time?
    the press release said 3pm Pacific if i recall correctly. This translates to 11pm Irish if im not mistaken, or the moment i clock out of work today. So....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Its out but downloads are slowww.

Probably wont have it till tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Jumping from 150kb/s to 500kb/s i'd imagine a heap load are downloading it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Couldnt even get it to download, just says the Steam servers are under strain. Pick it up tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Had a few games there both online/offline and I have to say its pretty decent. Its free as well so no one can complain.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

my fps went to shiiiiiiit during the elevator.

but its an atmospheric, team-survival game. I like it. my only complaint is i want more bullets...... which is kinda the point :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Looking forward to playing this, but the download was bloody slow last night. Will try finish it later tonight.

its worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I gave it a shot earlier and it's pretty good. I had the sentry good set up on the elevator and it was really like that scene in Aliens where you're watching the ammo deplete as teh aliens keep coming. :d

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

humanji wrote: »
    I gave it a shot earlier and it's pretty good. I had the sentry good set up on the elevator and it was really like that scene in Aliens where you're watching the ammo deplete as teh aliens keep coming. :d

Didn't stop at 10 though.

Game is fun, was playing it with 2 friends over vent and communication is really needed or you'll be running into each others line of fire all the time.

Played it for about 30 minutes and it seems good! However, I've found it difficult to connect to games - maybe 1 in 5 connects.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Easy to connect, but mine crashed after forcing me to watch 10 minutes of others because they were in the middle of a round :(

Boardsies interested in a boards co-op? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

Good game :)

Advertisement