Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random reboots, at higher resolutions?

Options
  • 17-07-2010 3:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭

After not gaming for a while I came back and my pc started rebooting during gaming, which it never did before, with the same game that worked fine previously.
    I turned took the card out and the onboard played it fine, but ugly, i put the card but in and kept the lower resolution and the rebooting has stopped.

Does this mean the gfx card is faulty?
    CPU, GPU and PSU temps and voltages all logged normal values during gaming and up to the rebooting.

Testing the gfx card in my new pc, when it arrives, is safe isn't it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I dont see how a Graphics cArd could damage a computer.

What kind of Graphics Card is it, how long had it been since you last ran it under heavy-load (gaming) and did you clean it for dust

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

I would've guess a temperature problem alright, but since that sounds ok it's probably a driver issue. Update your drivers and see if it helps.

Advertisement