Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hosted VPS vs. Virtual Server lab

Options
  • 17-07-2010 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on hosted VPS for me.

I am studying for mcitp(sa) and currently using virtualbox to run server 2008 and going through the self-paced training. I am on a cheapish laptop, so the thought of creating 3 servers running a dc, dns and web server, as well as having AD and 3 virtual PCs......my laptop will not be able to that, so id have to spend some cash to up my resources.

Question is, if i bought some hosted VPS for a month or two, is this the same as running a virtual lab.....assuming you created the same infastructure. Or is VPS not really for labs? And is the 10gb they advertise enough to run a virtual lab-i have dedicated 20gb on my local HDD to run server 2008 and its filling up fast.

any feedback would be well appreciated.

thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Get a PC with lots of RAM and put VMware ESXi on it :)

Advertisement