Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling old phone for cash

Options
  • 17-07-2010 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if any one has used any sites such as envirofone etc to sell an old phone? I have a 16GB iPhone 3G and would like to get a bit of money for it before getting an iPhone 4 (I'm aware of the issues). Envirofone says they'll give me €184 or there abouts for it! One friend definitely said he had used a similar website, can't remember which one though and it was legit.

Thoughts would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I second http://www.adverts.ie you will get more money selling the phone yourself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

Thanks folks. Environfone are offering €185 for it. It has a very minor crack down by the home button and wonder would that count as normal wear and tear... I doubt it some how :( I seriously doubt though, that anyone would pay that amount on adverts for a very obviously used iPhone 3G, it was loved once upon a time, but slowly it started getting a bit scratched etc... It is fully factory unlocked however, bought from italy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

alexlyons wrote: »
    Thanks folks. Environfone are offering €185 for it. It has a very minor crack down by the home button and wonder would that count as normal wear and tear... I doubt it some how :( I seriously doubt though, that anyone would pay that amount on adverts for a very obviously used iPhone 3G, it was loved once upon a time, but slowly it started getting a bit scratched etc... It is fully factory unlocked however, bought from italy!

Have a look on there and might give you an idea before you decide

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭plu

That crack will knock at least 30% (probably more) off the price envirofone will pay.
    http://www.envirofone.ie/support/?link=oUEqruYfCOb8bUJzBfgeQdUJNYHIiW4kv0GoaCa3WWI%3d

It would knock at least 25% off what M4URM pays
    http://www.money4urmobile.ie/consumer/termsandconditions.asp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

M4ym paid me in about 5 days.

Environfone... have been discussed at quite some length around here.

Adverts... i ran into nothing buy tyrekickers and lowballers. You mileage may vary.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭d1980

Just wondering if any one has used any sites such as envirofone etc to sell an old phone? I have a 16GB iPhone 3G and would like to get a bit of money for it before getting an iPhone 4 (I'm aware of the issues). Envirofone says they'll give me €184 or there abouts for it! One friend definitely said he had used a similar website, can't remember which one though and it was legit.

Thoughts would be great!
    Probably a bit late now but Fonebank.ie v good - just got a cheque back there today and only posted on Friday last!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

not really to late at all. Just got an email from Apple saying my new iPhone is in stock so I have to pick it up tomorrow :) I'll sell the old one in the next few weeks. what has been said about envirofone? I'll have a look at fonebank as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

what has been said about envirofone?

Slow to pay, claiming phones that were sent in perfect working order are damaged, signing for packages with multiple phones in them, then claiming all but one phone was missing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I have used envirofone many times and always got my money fast.

• Advertisement
Advertisement