Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

problem with new Desire,please help.

• 17-07-2010 10:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if any other desire owners have had this problem ..

Basically when I try and load up a page , the address bar at the top of the screen only loads up half way and then stops ..doesn't matter what webpage I'm trying to load, same problem.

This happens over WiFi,edge or 3g,doesn't make a difference . There is no signal issues as a speed test confirms this . Also ,market place and apps that require internet work fine ,its just the internet browser that has the problem.

For a whole hour it was doing this this morning, and now its just starting to work again ..problem comes and goes a lot, anyone else experience this ?

Thanks very much

Ps this isn't a meteor issue as I have a Hero in meteor beside me,no problems.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭kippy

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Just wondering if any other desire owners have had this problem ..

Basically when I try and load up a page , the address bar at the top of the screen only loads up half way and then stops ..doesn't matter what webpage I'm trying to load, same problem.

This happens over WiFi,edge or 3g,doesn't make a difference . There is no signal issues as a speed test confirms this . Also ,market place and apps that require internet work fine ,its just the internet browser that has the problem.

For a whole hour it was doing this this morning, and now its just starting to work again ..problem comes and goes a lot, anyone else experience this ?

Thanks very much

Ps this isn't a meteor issue as I have a Hero in meteor beside me,no problems.
    Out of interest, Have you tired a different browser (I think safari is available for free on the market place)
    I havent had the issue but would try this first just to rule out a browser specific issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

kippy wrote: »
    Out of interest, Have you tired a different browser (I think safari is available for free on the market place)
    I havent had the issue but would try this first just to rule out a browser specific issue.

Thanks for the reply.

I doubt safari is available for Android!
    The problem is erratic ,and the shop I bought it said they must witness the fault ..all is working well again now ,but the problem will be back ,downloaded a different browser to test it next time it happens,thanks .

Anyone else ever had this issue ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Maybe try clearing the cache etc. But yeah, I'd try a different browser. Dolphin HD is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Dr. Loon wrote: »
    Maybe try clearing the cache etc.

Has happened with mine too a few times. ^ This fixes it.

JustinOval wrote: »
    Has happened with mine too a few times. ^ This fixes it.

Thanks for the reply JustinOval.

I googled the issue and a few people on the voda uk forums also have this problem, and they confirm that using a different browser such as dolphin hd fixes the issue.

So it seems there is a software issue with the built in browser.

I only have the phone 3 or 4 days so am able to swap it out for a new one if I wish...anyone think there is any point doing this, or is it more likely this issue affects all Desires?

Many thanks.

edit: how do I clear the cashe? Had a look undre settings, didn't see anything.

Also, on a seperate note, in settings>wireless & networks, at the very bottom, there is an option ''Internet Sharing:share your phones connection with PC...this option is all faded and pressing it does nothing, is it restricted or something?

Cheers

• Advertisement

In the browser; menu > more > settings > clear cache

Clear history too, while you're there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Send it back, its faulty if clearing the cache doesnt work, and the stock browser is imo the best browser, so I wouldnt accept using Dolphin as a workaround.

That's weird! It just started happening to me after posting on this thread, nothing would free it up... I had to use a task killer (EStrongs) to fix it...

JustinOval wrote: »
    That's weird! It just started happening to me after posting on this thread, nothing would free it up... I had to use a task killer (EStrongs) to fix it...

Must be contagious ...well when it happens to me, the browser doesn't freeze , i can try refresh, or enter a new web address, but it keeps doing the same thing..the progression bar stops filling up when it reaches the half way mark, and the page only partially loads or not at all.

Any idea abot the other thing..the option to share your connection that I mentioned in my last post, is it restricted or something?
    Inquitus wrote: »
    Send it back, its faulty if clearing the cache doesnt work, and the stock browser is imo the best browser, so I wouldnt accept using Dolphin as a workaround.

Well, last time it happened was this morning, for a solid hour, then it just started to work again, so I haven't yet tried clearing the cache to fix it, but even if this problem continues, and clearing the cache sorts it out, is that then something that is an issue with all Desires or does it look like my unit is faulty? Just wondering if there is any point in getting it replaced.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Mines working fine, thats all I can say, just loaded all my bookmarks on wifi, and it was sooperfast..

• Advertisement

The internet connection sharing is only accessible when plugged in via USB, AFAIK.

Advertisement