Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amateur with 100 euro, lets see how far we go

Options
  • 17-07-2010 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭

Been up and down over the last few years. Only do it for fun with a few euro or when i get a tip. Lets see how i get on with 100 euro. Its goona be high risk and all or nothing. Sure lifes too short for anything else and its really only an experiment:)

14:00 Market Rasen

Australia Day 6/1 at the mo

Just took him each way 30euro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

great start well done .
    keep up the good work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Got him at 6/1 but paddy power paid out at SP which was 7/1:)

Bank now 320 with a few coins:)

Taking out my original 100 so now playing with 220 profit:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

nice start,best of luck with the log.
    great to see you took your original deposit back out,
    onwards and upwards mate...;)

15 euro on Derry to win draw no bet at 4/6

Fingers crossed:)

Bank 205
    In Play 15

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Best of luck with this mate.

• Advertisement

So i lost yesterday with derry and then lost again later with a 5euro e/w on a longshot tip. After this my bank was down to 195.

Today i did a 10 euro double with offally +7 points against tipp and andy shleck to beat contadore in todays stage.

The double came in with offally losing by 5 points at 5/6 and shleck leading contadore over the line at an unbeleaveable 9/4. 10 euro returned 59:58 which i will call 60 euro to leave my bank at 245:):)

I got lucky with offally scoring a goal near the end but i was banking on them getting one after they scored a few against galway and the way cork knocked 3 past tipp a few weeks ago.

I still cant believe shleck was 9/4 head to head with contador today. Just wish i put more on it as it just jumped out at me when i saw it.

I probably wont have a bet again ( excluding cycling) until next weekend.

Im a fan of cycling and woking nights this week so ill get to see all the rest of the tour. Theres good value to be had in the betting in running if you know your stuff. However im no expert so i dont bet much on it but if i see something good ill jump on it and post it up here too:)

Tomorrow's stage have a huge mountain towards the end followed by a 26km descent to the finish. My fancy to take the stage would be S Sanchez as he is in the top 3 climbers but is by far and away the best descender so the stage could suit him. At 5/1 tho im not sure theres enough value in it and he put in a huge effort today to finish in the top 3 and take some seconds off the leaders so may be less agressive tomorrow. Also like today there's always a chance a breakaway man could take the stage.

Caisse d'Epargne to take the team classification at 13/8 may also be a good bet, ill just have to check out the remaining stages before i bet of it tho.

2 Winners today thanks to X PyRO

Both were 5 euro e/w bets and both placed.
    Ayr 4:30 Cheveton @13/2
    Ayr 5:00 Ginger Ted @ 16/1

Bank now at 273:):)

Thanks a mill X PyRO:)

The cycling today was interesting with a breakaway rider winning it and the yellow jersey changing hands (3/1 before the stage). Hopefully shleck can turn it around tomorrow but the 60km descent at the end wont suit him so im not sure if he could get away. Hes 5/1 to be leader after tomorrows stage tho so i might have a tenner on that i think. The gap is only 8 seconds after all.

So i just put 5 euro on shleck to be in yellow tomorrow even though im pretty sure he wont be as the descent as the end will not suit him and even if he was 2 minutes ahead at the top of the last mountain he would still be caught by a good descender. Im just hoping someone pushes contadore off his bike the unsporting pr1ck.
    Its only a fiver so what harm and it will be worth it just to give me a reason to shout at the TV all day:)

For the stage win i was tempted by vino at 20/1 but i just hate his guts and cant bring myself to be shouting for him tomorrow. Him or one of the sanchez will be there or there abouts and there both at 12/1.

For me tomorrow tho its just 5 euro on shleck to be in yellow:):)

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Well done with the two today mate, thrilled with them myself and thought they both could of won. Thanks for the kind words.

Just a word of advice to post anything up before the event starts as after-timing isn't liked on gambling forums. :p

Best of luck with your bet tomorrow and anything else you back. :)

x PyRo wrote: »
    Well done with the two today mate, thrilled with them myself and thought they both could of won. Thanks for the kind words.

Just a word of advice to post anything up before the event starts as after-timing isn't liked on gambling forums. :p

Best of luck with your bet tomorrow and anything else you back. :)

Cheers X PyRO. Ill be keeping a close look at your log from now on, some sound advice to be had there:)

I cant post all the bets i do before i do them simply because i cant get onto boards at the time. I can post up the screen shots tho if anyone wants to see them.
    I do all my bets on my phone and its a bit of a pain using boards on the phone as i hate the touchscreen. Ill try and get them onto boards tho before i do them.

My fancys for horses will come with no justification or reasons why their fancied as i just get tips from a guy i know who only calls me when there something good on. I dont know the first thing about them so when i get the call i just put 20/30 euro on e/w if its above 4/1. He's usually pretty good though, hes the one who gave me australia day:)

Today it looks like shleck will stay in white as predicted so that 5 euro bet will be gone. I have just put 5 euro on van de walle to get the stage victory at 9/1 on the advice of sean kelly:) Hopefully it comes off but if armstrong beats him to the post i wont mind much.

• Advertisement

2 Losses today but only 10euro.

Bank now 263

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

Not sure if you had a look at the cork/antrim odds on pp. Antrim(+9) is evens... I think i'll steer clear of this match as i don't like the + handicap if i feel that one team has the potential to wallop the other which i believe cork have.

Longshot today

Wiggins to win the stage 150/1 5euro:)

He said he was gonna try and win one yesterday, i know he was talking about the TT on saturday but hopefully hes actually trying to catch people on the hop today.

3:55 Ascot - Desert Recluse 5 euro to win

7:55 Lingfield Force to spend 16/1 currently

15euro e/w

15 euro on workforce to win the knig george:)

10 euro on a cycling accum

Stage head to head

Wiggins vs Vino
    Contadore vs Menchov
    Leipheimer vs Kloden
    Kreuziger vs Hesjedal

Fingers crossed:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

your a busy man over the last 15 mins, best of luck

7:55 Lingfield Force to spend 16/1 currently

15euro e/w

Horse pulled out of race:(

10 euro on a cycling accum

Stage head to head

Wiggins vs Vino
    Contadore vs Menchov
    Leipheimer vs Kloden
    Kreuziger vs Hesjedal

Fingers crossed:):):)

Lost, contador and kreuziger beaten

• Advertisement

15 euro on workforce to win the knig george:)

Loss, came 5th:(

Tomorrow in the hurling, 70 euro on antrim +9 points evens

Also 7 euro on the draw +9 points @ 11-1

Hopefully cork dont beat them by 10 or more, did the bet 3 days ago but forgot to post it up and since then i have regretted putting it on:(

Limerick +5 vs cork 8/11
    Sligo vs Down (DNB) 11/10
    15 Euro double

I really need a win :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Goalkeeper.

Why is Contador 500/1 to win the next stage (Stage 20) on Paddy Power?

Am I missing something?

Why is Contador 500/1 to win the next stage (Stage 20) on Paddy Power?

Am I missing something?

On the final sunday of the tour the riders just ride around paris in a bunch on a kind of lap of honour. They only race for the last few km where the sprinters teams jockey for position for there big men to come through in the final few hundred meters and try and win the sprint finish. Its probably the most prolific stage for a sprinter to win in the tour so they will all be going for it and the green jersey is still up for grabs so there will be fireworks.
    Contador will finish safely in the bunch and wont even contest the sprint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Cavendish is surely one of the favourites if thats the case , seems to win all the stages he contests a sprint in ?

Hoki wrote: »
    Cavendish is surely one of the favourites if thats the case , seems to win all the stages he contests a sprint in ?

Oh he is the big favourite 4/7 in PP.

Hes 13/8 not to win so thats 169 riders vs 1 at 13/8 and i still wouldnt touch it:)

Tomorrow in the hurling, 70 euro on antrim +9 points evens

Also 7 euro on the draw +9 points @ 11-1

Finally a win (of sorts) after a poor weekend, had antrim put that last easy free over it would have been much more. Overall gain 7 euro when you factor in the 70 i had on antrim to win +9.

If i can get kilkenny -5/6 against cork ill put the bank on it.

1 last cycling bet of this tour:eek:

R Mcewen vs T hushovd 8/11
    J J Rojas vs G Ciolek 8/11

20 euro double:cool:

• Advertisement

1 last cycling bet of this tour:eek:

R Mcewen vs T hushovd 8/11
    J J Rojas vs G Ciolek 8/11

20 euro double:cool:

Just like most of my other tour bets this returned nothing. Both lost the head to head:(
    For a sport i love im not the greatest at predicting it. Still though, it makes for exciting viewing when ya have a few euro on it:)

Advertisement