Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cleaning my vibrator

• 17-07-2010 12:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I recently got my first vibrator, and am almost out of the hygiene wipes that I got with it for cleaning it.

I'm just wondering is there something else I could use to clean it, like baby wipes or face cleansing wipes or soapy water, or is it best to buy more of the wipes from Ann Summers?

Obviously I don't want to take any chances with my health down there, but still I don't want to keep buying those wipes if I don't need to!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Washing up liquid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Google brings this up.

*Excuse the pun :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Through a dishwasher??? :eek:

Anyway I'd imagine using those wipes all the time would be costly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Warm water will do it, just don't get any on/in the electronics or battery compartment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭jurgenscarl

Use boiling hot water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Does it come with cleaning instructions?
    Use boiling hot water.
    May melt the plastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Victor wrote: »
    May melt the plastic.
    Arent they basically the same material as gum-guards in sports? You form/clean those with boiling water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

It depends on what the material is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I have a anti-bacterial cleaner for sex toys that i got in the sex shop. use it to clean all my toys. Works pretty well. Because its made for them, it doesnt damage the material

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

i know a male that uses detol , also some people use conboms on their toy's

most men use shower gel/ soap when cleaning themselves after sex so there is no reason why they would not clean a vib to the same standerd

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭boarduser1980

i have a rampant rabbit, its kinda like a jelly-rubber material, after i wash it, how do i dry it? i cant use a towel cos all bits of fluff sticks to it, if i use tissue that sticks to it. if i was to leave it standing to dry naturally, dust in the room sticks to it..lol any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭shoes34

oh I use one of them too and I wash it in hot water but dry my with a towel and no fluffy bits come off on it. maybe that's not what I should be doing at all.

Kitchen towel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭shoes34

never thought of that and I guess if you use Plenty it absorbes all the water!

Kitchen towel sticks to it;)

The shake it off first or by a length of muslin cloth just to use to dry it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 mrpig

Your mum tells me she uses wintergreen on hers. Extra tingle.

mrpig permabanned for trolling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Dambant wrote: »
    i have a rampant rabbit, its kinda like a jelly-rubber material, after i wash it, how do i dry it? i cant use a towel cos all bits of fluff sticks to it, if i use tissue that sticks to it. if i was to leave it standing to dry naturally, dust in the room sticks to it..lol any suggestions?
    Warm water, good ventilation, drip dry.

sturrer wrote: »
    Id recommend WD40 it works well with that type of material

No it doesn't and it can damage that material and anyone who was to use it afterwards as it is not for internal use.

sturrer this not a forum for funny or amusing replies.

Unhelpful and off-topic posting will get you banned from this forum.
    Do take time to read the charter which contains the rules and abide by them.
    Have a nice day.
    Thaedydal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭Sparky84

Warm soapy water and leave to dry in the hot press.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Darthhoob

Dambant wrote: »

hang it on ya washing line :D

seriously though, just some warm soapy water and some kitchen roll will both clean and dry it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭lynsalot

Hey OP,

Why not use some kinda of santiser lotion after rinsing it. Or use alcohol. I know a few girls who use it to kill bacteria. Although imagine even a cheapo bottle of vodka from lidl is gonna cost more than those wipes... lol

Another thing, if u have any thread bare tea towels, these would work for drying it. Why not ask the girls in ann summers next time you're in aswell. Can't hurt. But I reckon the oul little bottle of sanitiser is the best way to go... u could even use it before the event obviously allowing it to dry first....

Given that some vibrating sex toys are used internally it sould be best not to use anything on it which you would not use internally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Given that some vibrating sex toys are used internally it sould be best not to use anything on it which you would not use internally.

Agreed. OP a hair dryer would have the rabbit bone dry in no time after a soapy wash.

Darthhoob wrote: »
    hang it on ya washing line :D
    haha give my neighbours something to talk about...;) lol

Advertisement