Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to find what Ip's my router is dishing out

Options
  • 17-07-2010 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Lads, I have my router/modem set to dhcp and when I run "ipconfig/all from the cmd window it only gives me my laptop wireless adapter ip. But I have other boxes connected to the router via cat 5. What program if any can I run to show what ip numbers my router is handing out and to what device

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

cubix wrote: »
    Lads, I have my router/modem set to dhcp and when I run "ipconfig/all from the cmd window it only gives me my laptop wireless adapter ip. But I have other boxes connected to the router via cat 5. What program if any can I run to show what ip numbers my router is handing out and to what device

Thanks

The router should have the possible DHCP range shown on it's config page. It should also maintain an ARP or DHCP table of the IP's and MAC addresses associated with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Thanks;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Most have a status page of MAC addresses and IPs assigned to them.

Advertisement