Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Four Bedroom House in Swords Offer

Options
  • 17-07-2010 1:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I want to put an offer on a four bedroom semi detached house in swords, the asking price is €325000 and there has been no bids on the house so far.

I'm looking for some advice on what would be a good initial offer to make for the house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

Hi,

I want to put an offer on a four bedroom semi detached house in swords, the asking price is €325000 and there has been no bids on the house so far.

I'm looking for some advice on what would be a good initial offer to make for the house.

It's a game of poker, so very hard to know. I think most sellers in this market have built in an expectation of only getting between 85% - 90% of the asking price.

Since there are no other offers, you are free to offer what you like, remembering that its better to start low as you can always increase an offer if you need to.

What's the house worth to *you*?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

Hi,

I predict there will have been a bid of 10% below asking made 10 minutes before you call the EA to make your own offer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Im gonna offer €265K and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭TheCityManager

Im gonna offer €265K and see what they say.

Any word on this ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭stedabee

Any word on this ?

YE any word?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭TheCityManager

BUMP :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

It will prob be another week or so before I can put in a bid, have to wait for loan approval.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

jesus, i bet every EA with a 4 bed house in swords at 325k is waiting for the phone to ring with your 265k offer.

i think that bid for 285k is going to arrive the second you get your loan approval.

from reading your posts, and they are reading them, they will know 265k is your opening low ball offer and try to bid you up to whatever your max is.
    whatever you do, dont post your actual loan approval amout (or tell them in person for that matter)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭TOMP

Hello, does anybody know is an auctioneer legally obliged to communicate any/all offers from potential buyers to the seller?

• Advertisement
Advertisement