Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorzone liquidation sale

• 17-07-2010 2:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone here pick up a bargain there this morning?

I drove past it at around 9:30 this morning and was passing there again at around 11:45, and the place was thronged with people. Cars were parked from the Alandale roundabout on the Dock rock up as far as Kellihers electrical, with the car park of the place itself full of potential customers as well.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

No bargains to be had. See my rant over on Motors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Typical Irish motor auction then going by what is being said in the Motor forum.

Bidders making silly bids and bringing the cars to the price they would have been anyway and often above what they would have been.

Pity though, would have been nice to have heard a few stories of people getting good deals on cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Never underestimate the stupidity of Irish People in numbers.....!!!

- Its the main reason why almost every Shop in Ireland had big red and white "SALE NOW ON!!!" Signs in their windows day in and day out.......

FFS come on! You see the same signs in the same Shops every time you go shopping - How fcuking dumb are you, Gimme that Wallet til I bin the thing in your own best interests???????

Fake sales should be subject to substancial fines until the practice fades away IMO.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Raiser wrote: »
    Its the main reason why almost every Shop in Ireland had big red and white "SALE NOW ON!!!" Signs in their windows day in and day out.......

FFS come on! You see the same signs in the same Shops every time you go shopping - How fcuking dumb are you, Gimme that Wallet til I bin the thing in your own best interests???????

Fake sales should be subject to substancial fines until the practice fades away IMO.......

Christ reminds me of tylers shoes(where burger king is now), they had closing down sale that lasted at least 2 years. Jeansscene in jetland has had "MASSIVE SALE NOW ON" since the new jetland opened.
    Raiser wrote:
    Never underestimate the stupidity of Irish People in numbers.....!!!
    Reminds me off the building boom\crash, only the irish could have developers that all had the exact same brilliant unique idea.

And thanks kess, i was wondering what happening there when driving by on saturday. Almost bought a new car off them 2 months ago until i heard they were going tits up, picked up the exact same make car for a grand cheaper in hinchys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭campo

Christ reminds me of tylers shoes(where burger king is now), they had closing down sale that lasted at least 2 years. Jeansscene in jetland has had "MASSIVE SALE NOW ON" since the new jetland opened.

Reminds me off the building boom\crash, only the irish could have developers that all had the exact same brilliant unique idea.

And thanks kess, i was wondering what happening there when driving by on saturday. Almost bought a new car off them 2 months ago until i heard they were going tits up, picked up the exact same make car for a grand cheaper in hinchys.

Same with the Jeanscene in the crescent they are having a closing down sale this the day it opened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭flutered

remember a bargain is a bargain only in the eyes of the buyer.

Advertisement