Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fca2 help

Options
  • 17-07-2010 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

i need a little help with my fca2 forms where it says "exact type" what do i put there do i put "bolt action repeater"?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

i need a little help with my fca2 forms where it says "exact type" what do i put there do i put "bolt action repeater"?

what rifle is it. ie Remington 700 vssf, steyr prohunter, tikka t3 hunter. plus caliber i'd say. there is a section where you tick a box for , single shot, bolt action, semi auto, pump action etc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

If it has a magazine (floor plate, etc) and you use the bolt to manually cycle the next bullet from it then i would describe it as, simply, a "Bolt Action".

If it has no magazine and needs each individual bullet loaded one at a time then i would descirbe it as a "Single Shot".

If it feeds from a magazine and automatically cycles the next bullet through the use of an automatic system then i would descibe it as "Semi Automatic".
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

I have heard the term repeater colloquially used for both autos and lever actions. Nowadays it is mostly used for lever actions.

Purists would argue that a repeater holds multiple rounds. However, they have to be manually cocked before firing the next round.

An auto holds multiple rounds and automatically cocks the gun.

So your bolt action might technically be a repeater, however, I would leave it at that - Bolt Action.

Usually, you gun is referred to by its action: bolt, lever, pump, semi-auto, revolver, full-auto, break, ...

Let us know what it is and someone will advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭theirishguy

i have it on my fca1 form as a bolt action repeater and i was told buy my FD that its called that because if the magazine can hold more the 1 round its known as a repeater, sent in my fca2 form and used bolt action repeater

Advertisement