Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuning an acoustic guitar?

• 17-07-2010 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭

Hi, can anyone give me a good link to help tuneing a guitar?
    or any sites that sell the tuners?

im having trouble getting the grip with tuneing mine.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

If you find yourself at a party with a guitar and no tuner, just remember that if you hit any pair of strings barring the 2nd and 3rd strings, in the order lower-higher-lower-higher (eg 6th 5th 6th 5th) you've just played the opening few notes of Apache by the Shadows!
    (I'm not a fan or anything but I've yet to find a better song to fit the bill)

Remember, if you're playing solo your guitar doesn't need to be pitch perfect, just in tune with itself. (although if you're miles out of tune you might have trouble singing along depending on your vocal range) On all strings barring the 3rd string the note on the fifth fret should be the same as the next string up played open. (on the 3rd string it's the 4th fret). Also if you play the harmonic on the 12th fret on any string and the harmonic on the 7th fret of the string below it they should be the same. If your tuning is out you'll hear a pulse or wobble in the harmonic, the faster it is the further out of tune with eachother they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

How about this yoke?:
    http://www.strings.ie/cart.php?target=product&product_id=1323&substring=tuner
    plus E1.50 shipping in Ireland

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

This is a great tuner for use on your PC/laptop.

Advertisement