If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote for new room setup. Amp, Speakers & Blu-ray

Options
  • 17-07-2010 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi Guys,

After building a new house and dealing with all the stress that goes with it, I think I deserve something for myself to put in it! My first AV setup for the sitting / dining area. The large entertainment room will be a project which I will have to save for big time. This is decent for a starter AV setup?

Can you quote me on the following setup:

Amp: ONKYO TXSR607
    Speakers: Q ACOUSTICS 1010i 5.1
    and a
    Blu-ray: LG BD390

Thanks,

McSuibhne

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi McSuibhne.

Unfortunately the Onkyo 607 has been discontinued and is no longer in production so we are unable to source this model any longer.

Would be interested in a price on the Q acoustic pack with the Onkyo 578 receiver ?

This has many of the features of the 607 but the added benefit that it is the new model, with 3D support and is an improvement on the 607.

Let me know if this would be of interest and I can PM you a quote.

Cheers

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 18 McSuibhne

Dave, Please sent me a PM quote, I was thinking about the 607 as it was at a great price but sure there is no harm in giving me a quote for the 578 though I think it is over kill for what I need a 507 would likely be good enough for me never mind a 607 or a 578.

I am a bit suprised you don't have the 607 in stock as its still for sale on the richersounds.ie website, it says that I can still buy one. I am a bit confused about that.

Dave, I am also now interested in a 32" TV that has a built in tuner for the new digital tv in the South of Ireland, can you let me know what options you have. Is there any that have freesat and the digital tuner? After looking through some more posts am I correct in saying that that LG 32LF7700 is the only option that has both digital tv and freesat? If so can you add one of these to the quote.

Thanks for the help.

McSuibhne

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

McSuibhne wrote: »
    Dave, Please sent me a PM quote, I was thinking about the 607 as it was at a great price but sure there is no harm in giving me a quote for the 578 though I think it is over kill for what I need a 507 would likely be good enough for me never mind a 607 or a 578.

I am a bit suprised you don't have the 607 in stock as its still for sale on the richersounds.ie website, it says that I can still buy one. I am a bit confused about that.

Dave, I am also now interested in a 32" TV that has a built in tuner for the new digital tv in the South of Ireland, can you let me know what options you have. Is there any that have freesat and the digital tuner? After looking through some more posts am I correct in saying that that LG 32LF7700 is the only option that has both digital tv and freesat? If so can you add one of these to the quote.

Thanks for the help.

McSuibhne

Mc,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - re the 607 on the .ie site - I'll have it removed today :o, but it is now a finished line and we cannot get any more - it has been replaced by the TXSR608 - which is HDMI 1.4 ready & a reall great unit - What Hifi have just given it a 5 star review here: http://whathifi.com/Review/Onkyo-TX-SR608/

If you were interested in the package including the following:

Onkyo TXSR578 AV Receiver
    LG BD390 Blu-Ray Player
    Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1 AV Speaker Pack
    LG 32LF7700 Freesat HD / MPEG4 TV

We can do that whole pack at just £1199.95 including delivery.

We also have the Onkyo HTS5305 package which is the receiver & matched 5.1 speakers in one pack http://www.eu.onkyo.com/products/HT-S5305_.html - we could do:

Onkyo HTS5305 - AV Receiver & Speaker package
    LG BD390 Blu-Ray Player

All at £969.95 again including delivery.

Thanks again for the post & keep me posted if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks for the quick response John Mc. We are nearly there I think, have you got a SONY STRDA3500ES? I am not really interested in the latest models at the moment as I was well put off the current 3D craze by a very disappointing Clash of the Titans. I just want to see how much bang I can get per pound. Maybe later when I start on the system for my entertainment room. What mid level AV Receivers have you left from last year that you want to get rid off? :) I just remember that I am going to need 16m of white speaker cable, please add this to the quote. Is there anything else I would need to get all this working together? Thanks again for the help!! McSuibhne

Bump.. I just need to make a move on this so if anyone has a chance to get back to me I would be most grateful. I have the cash here burning a hole in my pocket and would like the equipment delivered by next weekend. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Bump.. I just need to make a move on this so if anyone has a chance to get back to me I would be most grateful. I have the cash here burning a hole in my pocket and would like the equipment delivered by next weekend. Thanks!

Hi McSuibhne,

sorry for the delay in this response i have been given the task of looking after boards with both John and Dave on Hols.

From the above posts it seems that they have given you a couple of good system ideas. Unfortunately the Sony STRDA3500es is not instock in the belfast branch but i believe the main warehouse has stock but we are unable to ship it as it is a instore special. We have however received some of the Marantz NR1501 amplifiers into stock this week which would be a very neat well spec'd amplifier: http://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=3&sub=24&productid=1028

On the speaker cables we stock a couple of different cables which are white starting @ £1.49 per metre Cambridge Audio symphony 300 which is a undercarpet type cable (very flat easy to hide). going up to £5.49 per metre for the QED XT silver anniversary.

Have a look at the marantz and see what you think and i'll try get a quote put together for you

regards

Matthew

Thanks Matthew,

I am happy on the speakers, Blu-ray, TV and now the Cambridge Audio symphony 300 (can I have 16m of that please). The receiver is now doing my head in and I cannot decide what I am going t do, I thought I had it figured out until I heard you didn't have the 607 in stock :)

Can you give me a quote for the above items, plus

1. the Onkyo 578
    2. the Onkyo 608
    3. no Receiver just the above items.

I will make a final decision then and I can give you a call to give you my card and delivery details.

Thanks again,

McSuibhne

Bump.. Sorry for trying to push this along guys, I am just a bit excited about moving into my new house. I just need to get the items as I am moving in this week it looks like I will not get the items until next week at this rate. If you get a chance can you pull my quote together so that I can make a decision and give you a call to give you the card and delivery info. Thanks! McSuibhne

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Hi Mcsuibhne,

Just a quick "heads up" to say that the guys at Richersounds are pretty short-handed at the moment, with John away on hols with sporadic (if any) internet access and Kenny out sick. This translates to less speedy response to the forums here.

I think that John will be back tomorrow-ish, if you want to progress this urgently you might try giving Dave or Matthew a call at the shop on 0044 333 900 0070.

Thanks,

Ritz.

Bump.. Sorry for trying to push this along guys, I am just a bit excited about moving into my new house. I just need to get the items as I am moving in this week it looks like I will not get the items until next week at this rate. If you get a chance can you pull my quote together so that I can make a decision and give you a call to give you the card and delivery info. Thanks! McSuibhne

(Thanks Ritzy)

Mc,

apologies for the delay geting back to you - I've had a look at the posts above & I'm not really sure what bits yow are looking for now :confused: - I know the Onkyo 578 & 608 are in the frame and I'm happy to quote for these - however what other kit would you like as well - if you can drop me a reply - I'll post either tonight or 1st thing in the morning latest,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Thanks The Ritz for the info.

Thanks John Mc for getting back to me, before I had a chance to call in the morning. :)

What I need is the following:

LG BD390 Blu-Ray Player
    Cambridge Audio symphony 300 - 16m

Can you give me separate quotes for the above items, plus

1. the Onkyo 578
    2. the Onkyo 608

I will make a final decision then and I can give you a call to give you my card and delivery details.

Thanks again, John Mc, much appreciated.

McSuibhne

Thanks The Ritz for the info.

Thanks John Mc for getting back to me, before I had a chance to call in the morning. :)

What I need is the following:

LG BD390 Blu-Ray Player
    Cambridge Audio symphony 300 - 16m

Can you give me separate quotes for the above items, plus

1. the Onkyo 578
    2. the Onkyo 608

Thanks again, John Mc, much appreciated.

McSuibhne

OK here we go,

LG BD390 Blu-Ray DVD - £169.95 - remaining stocks only - when they are gone, they are gone! (available from stock )

Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1 AV speaker system - £299.95 (available from stock but stock is tight!)

LG 32LF7700 Freesat HD/MPEG4 LCD TV - £379.95 (available from stock but stock is tight!)

Cambridge Symphony 300 cable - £1.99/Mtr - 16Mtrs = £31.84 in total - again in stock.

Now to the AV receivers:

Onkyo TXSR578 - £349.95

Onkyo TXSR608 - AV receiver - £439.95

If you were to buy the kit separately with the Onkyo TXSR578 the total price would be £1231 and with the TXSR608 the total would be £1321.

The margins are really tight on all this kit so the best Boardiw special I can do on the lot with the TXSR578 would be £1219.95 and with the TXSR608 would be £1279.95.

Apologies again for the delay getting back to you - just drop me a line if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks John Mc,

If that is including delivery you have a deal on everything with the 608 for 1279.95.

I am up to my eyes today, hopefully moving in to the new house tomorrow so you can imagine its crazy. So its likely I will call you tomorrow morning with my card details and delivery address.

Is the telephone number that The Ritz gave me for you guys 0044 333 900 007 the best to get you on?

Thanks again for all your help.

Talk to you soon,

McSuibhne

Thanks John Mc,

If that is including delivery you have a deal on everything with the 608 for 1279.95.

I am up to my eyes today, hopefully moving in to the new house tomorrow so you can imagine its crazy. So its likely I will call you tomorrow morning with my card details and delivery address.

Is the telephone number that The Ritz gave me for you guys 0044 333 900 007 the best to get you on?

Thanks again for all your help.

Talk to you soon,

McSuibhne

Mc,

Thanks for that order - much appreciated and yes we will include shipping / delivery at that price (The 608 is an excellent choice BTW)

Yep you can call the guys on this number (the one above is slightly incorrect) 0044 333 900 0070 or of course the dublin office on 01.843.9231,

Thanks again - congrats on the new house and looking forward to hearing from you tomorrow,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks for all the help John with the order!

Everything arrived and I will spend a bit of time this weekend setting up the speakers.

Blu-ray and TV were a snap to setup.

Anyway I like the LG 32LF7700 Freesat HD / MPEG4 TV so much I would like to get a quote on the 47" version of the same unit plus delivery.

Thanks for all the help, John.

All the best,

McSuibhne

Bump.. I know you are running low on the 47" version of the LGLF7700... Anyway I like the LG 32LF7700 Freesat HD / MPEG4 TV so much I would like to get a quote on the 47" version of the same unit plus delivery. Thanks for all the help, John. All the best, McSuibhne

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.