Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

camera card error lidl Nytech

Options
  • 17-07-2010 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I bought a Nytech DC-8200 digital camera from Lidl 2 years ago. Brilliant up to now.
    It only came with 1GB SD card so I recently bought a 4GB sd Hc 'Traveler' card. It looks identical in shape. I put it in and camera said 'card error'.
    I took it out and put old one in and unfortunately it said again 'card error'.
    so I'm stuck.
    I cannot find anything in the Trouble shooting section of the manual.

I have total confidence that someone on boards will tell me what to do very quickly. It's a little urgent as I am waiting to take photos of project and can't continue untill pics have been taken.

Thanks in advance.:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

There are two main types of SD card
    SD and SDHC
    HC = High Capacity.

Never use an SDHC card in something designed only for regular SD cards. Stuff that can take an SDHC card can work with the lower capacity SD cards

Ordinary SD Cards are only up to and including 2GByte. Anything designed to work with ordinary SD cards can't read/write SDHC cards. It's likely the Camera software got confused.

If you buying other cards don't assume cards under 4G are not SDHC. Read packaging carefully.

Take batteries out of camera and leave it for an hour
    Put batteries in and then try your old card. If it's not recognised see is there a formatting option. Try fresh batteries.

If you have a PC with an SD card reader (USB SD card reader are about €2 in "Euro" bargain shops) you can check your old card.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭the watchman

Thank you Watty for getting back.

However, a strange thing happened. I removed original card again and put it back in and it works again:):confused:. I'm happy but confused.

I did read the manual again and it confirmed that 4GBhc cards are compatible.

It's must be as you said that the camera has to sort of adjust itself.

Appreciate the info you sent, very useful. Thanks again for that.

I will try the 4gbhc again and see what happens.Will post the result shortly.

Well I put the 4gb back in and it worked perfect straight off. Then the 1gb back in and ok. So all sorted I reckon.
    Will just try and transfer some pics from 4gb onto computer now.

If I don't post again you everythings ok.
    Thanks again.

That's great that it's a SDHC gadget. Maybe the SD card socket was a little grubby.

:mad:. Well I'm back. Over night I left batteries and card out of camera. This morning I put the new 4gbhc in, takes pictures ok but computer won't read the card, IO 'device error'.
    The 1GB card is working perfectly.
    Not a good start to my Sunday!

• Advertisement

Ok, now I read on net that many old computers card readers won't read HC cards. However you can get a 'Hotfix' KB923293.

My system is windows XP.
    So I went to

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923293

It explains the fix perfectly then tells you to choose fix...I can't find the fix to choose on the page??????I can't see it.
    Any help please.

Having SP3 should suffice, but it also depends on having an SDHC compatible reader.

OK, I think I have Sp3. So how can I tell if my reader is compatible.
    Or can I assume it just isn't.

To assist here are further computer details:
    purchased Oct 2006, where does the time go lol.

INTEL PENTIUM 4 PROCESSOR 524................3.06GHZ 1MB L2 CACHE 533MHZ FSB
    WINDOWS XP MEDIA CENTRE EDITION 2005
    512 MB RAM
    160GB HARD DRIVE - 7200rpm
    17" SCREEN 48watts
    11 in 1 card reader.

Get a little SD card only USB reader that has SDHC on it, size of a USB Memory Stick and only €2 in a €uro type bargain shop.

I've seen a few multicard readers that are unreliable or don't do SDHC.

Thank you Watty. I do have a USB lead with camera which I am now using and it works fine. So I've no need to worry now. Useful to remember though about that cheap reader.
    Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 anitaf

Camera NYTECH DC-8200 e69 from Lidi any else bought one of these do they give nice pics or should i invest in one from harveys for little extra?
    :confused:

anitaf wrote: »
    Camera NYTECH DC-8200 e69 from Lidi any else bought one of these do they give nice pics or should i invest in one from harveys for little extra?
    :confused:

Hi Anitaf, as mentioned previously I have this camera now two years or so.
    It has exceded my expectations. I am still well pleased with it.
    However with a 1GB card videos will be 16mins Max.Also if you set it to take pics at VGA quality it will take up to 5000 pics. The quality of these pics at that setting really is good and great for internet use. Best quality setting is about 550 pics I think but I never use it.

Now I have a 4GB card from Aldi, now my videos are 1hr long and 10,000pics.
    Nearly forgot...
    Came with a good few editing and effects features which I didn't expect.
    Good luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 anitaf

Cheers! yes its not bad for the price just finding my way around it. Had a really exspensive one and the kids broke it so this one will do fine. Quick question: if i charge the batteries until light goes green, how long before it needs recharging again?
    Still a novice at changing all the settings but will take on board what your saying about the capacity of the cards. If you know of any extra features i would be delighted; don't have much time to go through manual. Tks again.:)

"Quick question: if i charge the batteries until light goes green, how long before it needs recharging again?",,,,,,
    Its hard to say exactly because they discharge slowly when not being used anyway. You might just get 2 16min video when freshly charged.

It is strongly recomended to have a spare set. But as I said they slowly discharge even when not being used. Caught me once when I had charged batteries in car , I thought they stayed charged and when I went to use them at beach they did not work. Had been in car for a couple of weeks.

" If you know of any extra features i would be delighted; don't have much time to go through manual.",,,,,,,,,,,,

I think for features you really need to read manual. However to get you started quickly these are my settings which I rarely change....
    Press Menu:
    Resolution..........VGA
    Quality...............Fine
    Metering.............Multi
    Stabilizer.............On
    White Ballance......Daylight
    ISO....................Auto
    Exposure.............OEV
    AEB...................Off
    Sharpness..........Normal
    Digital Zoom........On
    Face Tracking......On