Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychology with the OU v's Oscail DCU

• 17-07-2010 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi

which is best and cheaper, psychology with the OU or Oscail?

Also, i have 1.5 yrs completed with NUI Maynooth, which of the above would give me more excemptions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

I'd imagine Oscail would have more credibility. When I lived in the UK (15 years ago) it was considered by many not a real university, don't know how it would be viewed now as distance education is really the way a lot of people gain qualifications. TBH I can't really comment on either as have never used either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭AvaKinder

Hi there,
    I'm currently studying with Oscail.

As neither course is PSI accredited the main question would be what you're plans are for postgraduate study. The OU course is automatically accreditated by the BPS while Oscail graduates must apply on an individual basis. Although BPS and PSI have a mutual recognition scheme, AFAIK this does not apply to people who study in Ireland on nonPSI courses, e.g. if i am successful in applying for the BPS with my Oscail degree, PSI will still need to determine my eligibility seperately.

I think when I worked it out, Oscail was slightly cheaper, and I personally prefer the idea of having an Irish qualification.

Advertisement