Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia phone: sends/receives texts but won't make/take calls

Options
  • 17-07-2010 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭

It's a mate's Nokia, it's on the Vdafone network, and the blasted thing refuses to make/take calls. It comes up Error in Connection.

It only recently displayed an odd symbol up the top of the screen: looks like a little window, or TV screen, with little lines underneath---have NO idea what that signifies.

Have tested the SIM in other phones and it works fine, so definitely the phone.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance. Apologies if this is the wrong section.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 anonanon

Hi

Did you try restoring the factory settings on the phone?.I had a similar problem and that sorted my problem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

anonanon wrote: »
    Hi

Did you try restoring the factory settings on the phone?.I had a similar problem and that sorted my problem

I was worried that would wipe the phone's memory

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭chillin_penguin

I was worried that would wipe the phone's memory

It will, but should keep meaages and contacts, back em up before you do it, makes sure the divert calls settings are normal.

It will, but should keep meaages and contacts, back em up before you do it, makes sure the divert calls settings are normal.

I'll check this first, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Can you get a screengrab, or a picture of the strange logo? Curious to what it is, cant think of what it might be from what you have said.

• Advertisement

Davy wrote: »
    Can you get a screengrab, or a picture of the strange logo? Curious to what it is, cant think of what it might be from what you have said.

Will do tomorrow. Cheers!:)

Advertisement