Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carling draught in town?

Options
  • 17-07-2010 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if there is anywhere in town that does draught Carling? Nowhere I've been seems to do it and think I maybe onto a lost cause.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

never seen it tbh, never seen bottles either. only ever seen it in off licences.

No real demand for it apart from english people i suppose,best bet might be temple bar somewhere but id be suprised. you'll just have to settle for our Irish(american) brands!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

df1985 wrote: »
    never seen it tbh, never seen bottles either. only ever seen it in off licences.

No real demand for it apart from english people i suppose,best bet might be temple bar somewhere but id be suprised. you'll just have to settle for our Irish(american) brands!

Aye same as that just cans ive seen in offo's.

Me being English its my favourite pint but its just annoying how I can never get hold of it. Ive been in most places in a Temple Bar a good bit and still never seen it. Sticking to Carlsberg I guess. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I have seen billboards lately advertising it on draught so perhaps it is being rolled out soon

I have seen billboards lately advertising it on draught so perhaps it is being rolled out soon

This is what kind of triggered me asking. I knew there wasnt Carling before but i've seen 2 billboards so heres hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I think the 'draught' they're bringing out is the 10 pint kegs for home use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

i have never seen it on draught in ireland, only in the isle of man, it was nice and cheap enough!,

as said above i would say those ads are for the 5litre kegs, i think they only just started selling them,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

The local recently got the tap in, but thats down in cork so not much use 2 ya OP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Have actually never seen it on draught but would be interested in finding somewhere that does it, drank it on draught for a whole week in Ibiza last summer and recently my local offo has the cans on offer, €1 a can so been drinking that lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

oneills on suffolk street have it.

was in there earlier and was surprised to see it

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Pretty sure I saw it in the Comet in Santry actually

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Think I saw this on draught in Fitzsimmons in Temple Bar, but dont quote me on that. Must be for the English stags.

Cheers for the help lads. I'm in O'Neills often enough just getting a carvery so will have a look then and used to live in Temple Bar and never saw it in Fitzsimons but again will have to check.

Their is still hope! Cheers people!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

It is strange though. Only very recently(maybe last couple of months) Carling has been pushed in the off-licences with those kegs, i wonder if its a new marketing push by Carling into the Irish market.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

The Foggy Dew had it on draught and as a special last time I was in there, but that was a few months ago.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

gurramok wrote: »
    i wonder if its a new marketing push by Carling into the Irish market.
    It is. MolsonCoors set up an office here last year and have been aggressively pushing a range of their beers ever since, including Carling, Caffrey's, Cobra, Blue Moon, Grolsch and Žatec.

Carling had previously been a local brand for Cork, made by Scottish & Newcastle at the Beamish brewery, but that ended when the brewery was shut down.

Headline at Leonards Corner does Carling on draught, 4 quid a pint of it I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

where stocks this in cans anywhere near dublin 3 or city centre would be handy.had before but none left haven't seen it in a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

spider_pig wrote: »
    where stocks this in cans anywhere near dublin 3 or city centre would be handy.had before but none left haven't seen it in a while

Tesco Drumcondra
    Well Dublin 9 but cut down Richmond Rd and you're there

off topic but Richmond Rd is one of the worst roads in Dublin city for cycling!

spider_pig wrote: »

Bit out but O'Neills (my local offo and one of the best in Dublin) opposite Griffth College on the SCR stock it for a euro a can.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Any of the supermarkets will have it. SuperValu on Aston Quay definitely do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement