Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nando's Opening in Mahon Point

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

trebormurf wrote: »
    By all means complain in the restaurant if you're unhappy but complaining anonymously on a website is pretty Irish to me, moaning after the fact. That's exactly the reason why some places serve ****e & charge whatever they like - because Irish people would rather moan on a website than pointing out a problem to staff/management.

I would disagree. Both should be done ideally. However, it's easier said that done (complaining in store). There are lots of reasons why people don't.

Also, complaining to some young one probably will have zero impact. But letting people know online certainly does.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

People will always complain about the price of any restaurant, not just Nandos. Believe me it's not affecting business at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

trebormurf wrote: »
    By all means complain in the restaurant if you're unhappy but complaining anonymously on a website is pretty Irish to me, moaning after the fact. That's exactly the reason why some places serve ****e & charge whatever they like - because Irish people would rather moan on a website than pointing out a problem to staff/management.
    from somebody who works in a shop, you're wrong. complain to management or better yet, customer service. why? because an employee who works at a shop/restaurant has no power to change the price. Head office does. they rarely take on board any suggestions made by employees who work on the floor, nor do they even have much contact with them

the amount of times people have been yelling(yes yelling) at me because our prices are too high in their opinion.... like i have the power to change a whole companies pricing structure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

We complained straight to the waitress when she asked how our meal was, a manager came out and got nothing except a lecture about how we could have ordered X, Y, Z instead of A, B, C... to save a few Euro.

She didn't really take the point on board at all, and instead entered into a protracted debate at the table which was extremely embarrassing.

I wouldn't set foot in the place again afterwards.

We were very calm and just said that we felt it should be taken on board and fed back and knew there was nothing she could do about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Solair wrote: »
    We complained straight to the waitress who seemed to get a manager and got nothing except a lecture about how we could have ordered X, Y, Z instead of A, B, C... to save a few Euro.

She didn't really take the point on board at all, and instead entered into a protracted debate at the table which was extremely embarrassing.

I wouldn't set foot in the place again afterwards.

We were very calm and just said that we felt it should be taken on board and fed back and knew there was nothing she could do about it.

Like the poster above said, what do you expect the waitress to do? Do you expect her to give you a discount and get herself in trouble? Do you expect her to have any sort of power on their pricing?

Take a look at the cries of retail thread, you might see yourself there

• Advertisement

So, I am just supposed to sit there and say absolutely nothing?

It's no wonder this country's so bloody expensive and has such lousy service. You're all wussses who just keep your heads down, pay up, give a huge tip and never complain!

If the restaurant does not get feedback from customers that their prices are too high, how are they supposed to figure it out?

It's called marketing feedback! Sometimes it comes unsolicited!

All I expect the waitress to do is say something like "I'll pass that back to our manager".

If something's bad value, I don't see why you shouldn't let the retailer know that.

Obviously shouting / being abusive to a member of staff is totally uncalled for, but calm, reasonable feedback is perfectly normal.

It's no wonder this country's so bloody expensive and has such lousy service. You're all wussses who just keep your heads down, pay up, give a huge tip and never complain!

If the restaurant does not get feedback from customers that their prices are too high, how are they supposed to figure it out?

All I expect the waitress to do is say something like "I'll pass that back to our manager".

There are comment cards on all the tables and they do get reviewed.

Not everyone agrees the prices are high though and there was one price adjustment made over the summer as far as I know.

If something's bad value, I don't see why you shouldn't let the retailer know that.

Obviously shouting / being abusive to a member of staff is totally uncalled for, but calm, reasonable feedback is perfectly normal.

Or else maybe we deal with customers in our day to day job and know what it feels like to have pain in the ass customers so decide to cut them a break

I give up!!

Clearly, I am not allowed to have or express an opinion on value-for-money and I am just supposed to accept high prices as fact of life.

:mad:

It's no wonder Ireland's bankrupt !

BTW : You are insinuating that we were somehow rude to the waitress. We weren't and I seriously do not like what your post is implying. We gave *polite* feedback.

She asked how our meal was and if everything was OK and it wasn't so we told her it was very expensive for what it was. End of story.

If you are dealing with the public and selling things and asking people for feedback by asking them was everything OK, then you will get feedback.

Obviously it's a chain and obviously prices are set centrally somewhere, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility that someone will just say to a manager "oh yeah, a customer pointed out that XXXXX was very expensive" and maybe that gets fed back to a regional manager, and maybe it's taken on board somewhere.

So, I think it is worth saying something!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

I give up!!

Clearly, I am not allowed to have or express an opinion on value and I am just supposed to accept high prices as fact of life.

BTW : You are insinuating that we were somehow rude to the waitress. We weren't and I seriously do not like what your post is implying. We gave *polite* feedback.

She asked how our meal was and if everything was OK and it wasn't so we told her it was very expensive for what it was. End of story.

did you fill out the comment card and / or send a follow up email / call to the management? I agree people have the right to complain (constructively) but you need to do it via the correct channels. I would have thought most people would leave on the spot if the pricing was that outrageous

• Advertisement

I give up!!

Clearly, I am not allowed to have or express an opinion on value and I am just supposed to accept high prices as fact of life.

If you are dealing with the public and selling things and asking people for feedback by asking them was everything OK, then you will get feedback.

nobody is saying you can't express your opinion. They're merely saying that telling a waiter/waitress that the food is expensive won't achieve much, neither they nor the manger can do anything about it?

I give up!!

Ok fair enough, When people say they complained about prices, I just presumed it was in a rude manner. If not, then I apologise for any insinuations I made

Incidentally, I have worked in front line customer service myself (including as a waiter and a barman) and in some really horrible jobs including call centres when I was in university. So, I have had everything from polite to customers screaming abuse and threatening to kill me on the phone!

I also own my own business and have to deal with the general public quite regularly, so I know how feedback works and I also know how important it can be when it comes to something like pricing.

I would absolutely never give a member of staff abuse!

Advertisement