Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broken washing machine, who pays for repair

Options
  • 17-07-2010 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

The washing machine is broke, probably needs a new part, who's supposed to pay for it us or landlord?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

skullzxr wrote: »
    The washing machine is broke, probably needs a new part, who's supposed to pay for it us or landlord?

the landlord ring him/her let them know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

Definitely landlord

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

pooch90 wrote: »
    Definitely landlord

Unless they broke it themselves by doing something stupid (not saying this is the case, but it's always a possibility)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭conorhal

skullzxr wrote: »

It depends on how the washing machine got broken, if it's regular wear then it's the landlord, but, if for example, you were defrosting a fridge and got impatient and tried to hack off the ice with a knife, pierced the fridge lining and spilled toxic Freon all over the kitchen like my idiot flatmates, that would be on you.... boy what a day that was!
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

When we moved in here, the washing machine blew all the fuses then ate my washing.

He knew it was faulty and just didn't bother to get it fixed before we moved in apparently.

Cost him a lot for a new one...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

conorhal wrote: »
    It depends on how the washing machine got broken, if it's regular wear then it's the landlord, but, if for example, you were defrosting a fridge and got impatient and tried to hack off the ice with a knife, pierced the fridge lining and spilled toxic Freon all over the kitchen like my idiot flatmates, that would be on you.... boy what a day that was!
    :pac:

Freon is not toxic thankfully--remember checking when i busted a fridge :)

Advertisement