Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tacx Sirius Trainer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

They're pretty good... the Flow is quite popular round these parts (it's the model up I think), but if it's a good deal, then go for it... bear in mind that trainers are mind numbingly boring though!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ky Abu

They're pretty good... the Flow is quite popular round these parts (it's the model up I think), but if it's a good deal, then go for it... bear in mind that trainers are mind numbingly boring though!

So, is the Flow a better version?? Should I be looking out for something in particular about them

I would just use it really for the bad days weather wise.

Can anyone explain too in baby english how they work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Ky Abu wrote: »
    So, is the Flow a better version?? Should I be looking out for something in particular about them

I would just use it really for the bad days weather wise.

Can anyone explain too in baby english how they work?

It's slightly better, mostly in terms of the level of resistance it can provide, as well as monitoring things like calories burned etc (iirc)

How they work is that you prop the back wheel into the frame, so that the rear tyre rests on the small drum. As you pedal, the drum provides varying resistance to your pedaling (governed by magnets in the case of the two Tacx units mentioned) that mimic varying road conditions (from flat to climbing a steep mountain)

They are also almost as good as a sauna for getting sweat out of you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Trainers are absolutely awful. A nightmare. However if you need to keep your fitness up or do specific drills in very bad weather they are probably the only option. I would cycle in bad rain before going to the trainer, it is really conditions where you might break something (ice) that you might use one. And even then, you will hate it. YMMV.

They are also almost as good as a sauna for getting sweat out of you :)

I could do with getting the sweat out of me! :):):):):) Liposuction nearly is needed! haha

• Advertisement

Anyone else with experience of these... I see their on e-bay, no real saving on price on there

Advertisement