Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

LL Beers! 14th August - Capitol Lounge!

• 17-07-2010 8:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

It's that time of year... eh... month .... again

yup... time to organise another LL Beers :D

IMPORTANT POST RIGHT HERE PLEASE READ !!11ELEVENTY!!

Great time had by all at the last one--- Capitol was a great choice of venue especially with the free champagne to be had :rolleyes:

Get ideas for venues and dates in here.

I'd say at this stage we're looking at August.

So hit us with ideas...:D

All welcome :)

drink-recipes.jpg

. 26 votes

0%
    100%
    SilverfishNervous Wreckrainbow kirbyHoward the DuckERR!LarianneRacoonQueenOrlee[Deleted User]Galvasean[Deleted User]Fago!MichellenmanTwee.smoggy11charmerNovellaLittleBooklilliecVodkat 26 votes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Is this a ladies only thing? Being newly single I need to start getting out and meeting new people (I dont mean out scoring, just people in general, decided to broaden my friends horizons) so could do with a good night out. Am in Limerick but would happily make a trip up to Dublin if thats where its on, need an adventure :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Fri. 13th it's my birthday :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

krudler wrote: »
    Is this a ladies only thing? Being newly single I need to start getting out and meeting new people (I dont mean out scoring, just people in general, decided to broaden my friends horizons) so could do with a good night out. Am in Limerick but would happily make a trip up to Dublin if thats where its on, need an adventure :)

I'd say it's a free for all, you might as well come up.

Jayus yiz are all mad for the gargle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Why didn't you come out on our limerick meet ups there recently?? :(

didnt know there was one :o where'd ye go?

We went to the Old Quarter both times to start, moved on from there after. Would've like you to come along. Don't know if any one's going to set another one up though any time soon.....

Was half thinking of heading up to Dublin myself for either LL or AH beers but don't quite have the balls for it.... :o

I'm so gonna seem like a weird stalker girl here, but I just noticed you said you saw inception today, so did i! quite good....

We went to the Old Quarter both times to start, moved on from there after. Would've like you to come along. Don't know if any one's going to set another one up though any time soon.....

Was half thinking of heading up to Dublin myself for either LL or AH beers but don't quite have the balls for it.... :o

I'm so gonna seem like a weird stalker girl here, but I just noticed you said you saw inception today, so did i! quite good....

Yeah it was great I loved it, I'd def go to another one if someone organised it, wouldnt mind making the trip up to the big shmoke either though, nights out in Limerick do tend to get a bit samey..

Ya, well I don't go out that much, but I can see how it would be very samey. I said I wouldn't organise it again cos it pisses me off how lots of people say they're going to turn up and then don't. Makes it hard to make plans. But sure maybe I will in a bit.

Indeed, I tried organising a reunion of sorts a while back, half the people who said they'd come "forgot":rolleyes:

I'd be up for a night out in dublin though, hae only ever gone out a few times up there, good craic though

Indeed, I tried organising a reunion of sorts a while back, half the people who said they'd come "forgot":rolleyes:

I'd be up for a night out in dublin though, hae only ever gone out a few times up there, good craic though

I haven't quite got the confidence to go up to do that by myself yet. Enjoy yourself if you do go... I'll try let you know if I'm setting up another one.

Oh and ps. I broke up with my OH recently too.... *hugs*

I haven't quite got the confidence to go up to do that by myself yet. Enjoy yourself if you do go... I'll try let you know if I'm setting up another one.

Oh and ps. I broke up with my OH recently too.... *hugs*

Ah you wouldnt be by yourself, sure you'd have a fellow Limerickian there to chat to :)

:) Ah you know what I mean, train by myself, hotel by myself etc etc. It's just a daunting thought. I'll give it some thought maybe when a date is set.....

Sorry for the off topicness.....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Sorry to be a killjoy but can we keep this thread on-topic as possible, there's an offtopic thread to chat in, it's difficult to organise dates and locations if there's several conversations going on.

:) Ah you know what I mean, train by myself, hotel by myself etc etc. It's just a daunting thought. I'll give it some thought maybe when a date is set.....

I guess, walking into someplac where you dont know anyone is a bit daunting, the travelling thing alone I dont mind, I'm going to America for 3 weeks by myself in October, cant wait :)

edit: thanks for the hugs btw, breaking up sucks, stupid facebook etiquette and all that jazz, damn technology making these things infinitely more difficult

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Aussie Sean

Well,if us blokies are allowed go I would be up for it

Sean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭LilMsss

I'm relatively new to LL - posting that is, but I'd def be interested in drinks etc. Putting faces to usernames and all that jazz :D

If we're thinking August, we could go for Friday 13th??? ;-)

As for venue, I'm easy, but maybe somewhere around Leeson Street, or Baggot Street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭charmer

I'm more of a lurker than a poster and only a young wan but would definitely be up for a beers, would love to meet some new peeps :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

nouggatti wrote: »
    Fri. 13th it's my birthday :D

A day after mine! :D
    maybe then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I can do Friday 13th/Saturday 14th/Friday 20th/Saturday 21st.

Looking forward to this! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I can do Friday 13th/Saturday 14th/Friday 20th/Saturday 21st.

Looking forward to this! :)

+1, I can do those dates too I think.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

How about Sat 14th? I finish work that day but my going away party is the next week!(All loungers welcome :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Sounds like a good date :D my thesis is due the following week but I'll have that under control ;)

Saturdays are best for me, as I'm not in work Sundays :D

Saturday 14th is good for me too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭ERR!

I can do sat the 14th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Sounds like fun - though whether I'll be able to go really depends on how much thesis work I have to do.

boo to thesis work :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

ERR! wrote: »
    boo to thesis work :(

Never were truer words spoken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Yes to beers! It's about time I made an appearance :) Hopefully I could make the 14th too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Ermmm as in a conversation with a fellow limerickan (ok im from Tipp but we are neighbours) Id defo be on for beers in the big smoke if some of the other limerickans were travelling up.
    Problem is I too have a thesis to submit and its not due till Fri 20th August. If anyone could reconsider until the Sat 21st August.:(:(:( (ive only ever been out in Dublin once).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I would totally be up for beers Sat 14, as possibly going up for a meet up the Friday anyway :D:D Two meet ups in one weekend :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

If I'm around for the dates I'll pop along. Going away in August. The last one I was at was only gas, so would like some more of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭lilliec

is there going to be a poll? looking at the dates, the 14th would be best for me, i know i'll be in Dublin around then :D

yup, ill get a poll,

for 13th, 14th, 20th, 21st :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Grrr i cant do either of those weekends, and i had a great time last time.
    :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

*de-lurk*

Hope you don't mind me asking.....So are most people already known to by few people at these things? Or are most people complete strangers? Just wondering if going would be dreadfully uncomfortable or if it would be grand because everyone's in the same boat? Any enlightenment would be welcome :D

Well a fair few of us have met before but there are always people there who havn't been before so there will be others in the same boat.

Some meet up before hand, that way you dont have to walk in on your own, if your not comfortable with that :)

Come once and you'll be hooked whahaha :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

curlzy wrote: »
    *de-lurk*

Hope you don't mind me asking.....So are most people already known to by few people at these things? Or are most people complete strangers? Just wondering if going would be dreadfully uncomfortable or if it would be grand because everyone's in the same boat? Any enlightenment would be welcome :D

I havn't met anyone bar Faith and Brainy Neuron from the LL and BN won't be at the meet and not sure about Faith either!!! It couldn't be terrilbly uncomfortable cos alot of people will be in the same boat...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

*de-lurk*

I've never been to a boards bash before (yay alliteration!) so if I do make it this time (which I really hope I do!) you certainly won't be the only new face :)

I don't mind meeting new people, but don't really relish the idea of wandering up to a group of strangers drinking away in a pub asking if they are Ladies Loungers!

If anyone who is going wants a meet up buddy, as in we meet along the way before heading to the venue, then PM me and we can exchange numbers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

Pembily wrote: »
    I havn't met anyone bar Faith and Brainy Neuron from the LL and BN won't be at the meet and not sure about Faith either!!! It couldn't be terrilbly uncomfortable cos alot of people will be in the same boat...

Yup as Pem said I won't be at the beers if its on the weekend of the 14th/15th as its in the middle of my exams :(:( Could go the weekend after, but if the majority want to go on the 14th then I don't mind missing it too much, i'll go to the next one! ;):D
    *de-lurk*

Its nerve-wracking meeting people for the first time but I've got on well with the people I've met so far so I'd definitely recommend it!
    LilMsss wrote: »
    I don't mind meeting new people, but don't really relish the idea of wandering up to a group of strangers drinking away in a pub asking if they are Ladies Loungers!
    If anyone who is going wants a meet up buddy, as in we meet along the way before heading to the venue, then PM me and we can exchange numbers :)

I'd definitely recommend getting someone's number who's going and/or meeting up with someone beforehand. Went to a Galway City forum Ladies meet up and when I arrived at the pub I was wandering around for a bit not knowing where the girls were or which group or girls it was! In the end one if the girls came over to me and said hi (they had seen me wandering around looking a bit lost hehe)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

*de-lurk*

I was at an AH beers TBH its a little bit intimidating ,its easier if you're a girl than a guy. This is because the girls make an effort to make a newbie welcome and the guys ( through 5 billion years of natural programming) gravite towards the girls.

I talked to a few people (and forgot their usernames ) who were actually dead sound but there definitely is the click element there like everywhere really.I was talking to really rose ,shes a lovely girl .The only reason I remember her name was because she's reallyrose :D.

On the whole I would advise you to go because its get you out of your comfort zone.Youre probably much more extrovert than me .I'm definitely going to another beers cause I didn't really get out there the last time.They actually come across as a sound bunch.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

PM someone you click with already. Meet up before. Sorted. Walking into a room full of strangers can be hard for some people, but meeting up before hand takes that sting out. My first beers was nervy enough and I'm a cocky barsteward wh would talk to the wall. :) If I had someone to meet before the off, then I would have been a lot more chilled.

haven't been to a beers in a while so would be up for this if it's a night I'm free :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SheRa

Id love to go to this too. Im not back from my holidays until 16th August so could do the weekend after (20th or 21 august).

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Guys, as always if you want a poll stuck up just let one of the mods know.

M.

Im getting excited put a poll up so I can request the night off work and the next day heheheh

ERR! wrote: »
    Im getting excited put a poll up so I can request the night off work and the next day heheheh

Sounds like you're planning quite the session :D

I can do either the 14th, or else the following weekend, once it's confirmed beforehand ... we shall see what the poll determines!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

Hey Hey,

Well you guys have defo put me at ease with regard to dropping in for pints. You all sound very friendly so I'll make it in for pints I'm sure and I'll see you all there, sounds like fun.

Thanks for the replies,
    C.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Poll is up. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Damn, I didn't realise you could pick multiple options and I only clicked on Saturday 14th ... I can do any of those four dates! :o