Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LL Beers! 14th August - Capitol Lounge!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Brilliant night; great to see such a turnout and to meet so many new people!!

I have spent pretty much the whole day on the sofa, watching tv and indulging my hangover hunger. I still don't feel 100% yet! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

charmer wrote: »
    Nice to meet you Yourself! :D
    I was quite un-sober at that point i'm afraid!

Not alone there my dear! Was great to chat to everyone I got to chat to, even though I was hammered and kept falling. My stand out moments of Capitol definitely were arriving and charmer being refused, then someone swooping in (I'm not sure who that was, but it was an I NEED A HERO! moment) and saving the day. Telling Nervous Wreck I thought he was a woman. Confusing krudler with someone else and insisting we be friends and stop fighting on boards. MoN's hug outside when I was upset over the camera fiasco. Having a giggle with my best girl Yourself. Charmer's ninja gropeage. Agent Smith's voice... apparently. Wibbs and his "dayum".

So many more too I'm sure but the memory is a bit hazy to say the least!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Yourself

one great conversation snip from last night...

Stupidusername: I never had nicknames when I was growing up cos my name cant really be shortened
    BumbleB: Really? not even... "Ginger?"
    Stupidusername: :eek:
    Stupidusername:BumbleB thought I was ginger
    Yourself: oh right...did he?..no you're not!...aren't you? :D
    Stupidusername: Did you think I was too?
    Yourself: ...noooo...just kinding I didnt :pac: ok I did :D youre not no?! :P

hahahahahahahahhahahahhhahahahahahahahhahhhhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

Yourself wrote: »
    one great conversation snip from last night...

Stupidusername: I never had nicknames when I was growing up cos my name cant really be shortened
    BumbleB: Really? not even... "Ginger?"
    Stupidusername: :eek:
    Stupidusername:BumbleB thought I was ginger
    Yourself: oh right...did he?..no you're not!...aren't you? :D
    Stupidusername: Did you think I was too?
    Yourself: ...noooo...just kinding I didnt :pac: ok I did :D youre not no?! :P

hahahahahahahahhahahahhhahahahahahahahhahhhhhh

LOL !!

The look on her face was priceless..............:D.

I love doing that to women ,i'm so bad :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

JaxxYChicK wrote: »
    Not alone there my dear! Was great to chat to everyone I got to chat to, even though I was hammered and kept falling. My stand out moments of Capitol definitely were arriving and charmer being refused, then someone swooping in (I'm not sure who that was, but it was an I NEED A HERO! moment) and saving the day. Telling Nervous Wreck I thought he was a woman. Confusing krudler with someone else and insisting we be friends and stop fighting on boards.

MoN's hug outside when I was upset over the camera fiasco. Having a giggle with my best girl Yourself. Charmer's ninja gropeage. Agent Smith's voice... apparently. Wibbs and his "dayum".

So many more too I'm sure but the memory is a bit hazy to say the least!

told you I'm not a sexist :p

oh the camera incident, what a cockbag :mad:

krudler wrote: »

Hehehe definitely not! ;)

And yeah, that incident wasn't very nice to be sure. Yourself handled it like a pro though, the big ledge bag. :D

Rightly so, should have chucked his camera down the stairs, me and MoN could have chucked him down after it, dont mess with guys in suits :D

MiB to the rescue, our own little security detail upstairs in Capitol! :cool:

Thanks for the back up though, Yourself told me you were watching our stuff. Much appreciated good sir. :)

No prob at all :)

BumbleB wrote: »
    LOL !!

The look on her face was priceless..............:D.

I love doing that to women ,i'm so bad :).

It really was hilarious! It was such an "oh no you didn't" moment! :pac:
    I really couldnt contain my amusement or the fact that the photo and lighting last night gave a certain ginger glow! haha

That was hilarious too! You were so dumbfounded! :eek: Im not sexist I love women! hahaha
    JaxxYChicK wrote: »
    Hehehe definitely not! ;)

And yeah, that incident wasn't very nice to be sure. Yourself handled it like a pro though, the big ledge bag. :D

thats me, totally ledge bag :cool: (should have been an ex-scout too you know)
    Rightly so, should have chucked his camera down the stairs, me and MoN could have chucked him down after it, dont mess with guys in suits :D

I was this close to be honest, if he hadn't got such a grip on the wrist strap it'd have gone straight into the ground and smashed to bits, I wouldnt have minded being kicked out and I knew you boys had our backs which was very heart-warming I must admit.
    Thanks x

• Advertisement

That was hilarious too! You were so dumbfounded! Im not sexist I love women! hahaha

But I do :D

BumbleB and stupidusername: *silence
    Yourself: Isn't it great that we dont have to wait a minute between saying something to each other?! :D

hahahhahahahaha

Aw I missed that, I think at that stage I was pondering "i wonder how many people in this room I've gotten into arguments with on boards" :P

BumbleB and stupidusername: *silence
    Yourself: Isn't it great that we dont have to wait a minute between saying something to each other?! :D

hahahhahahahaha
    You mean i actually shut up for a second . Wery Veird ......

Agent Smith is a far sider.Only people from lexylip will know this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Agent Smith is a far sider.Only people from lexylip will know this one.

FAR ENDER

You hillers cant even get the names right... no wonder you suck

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

only getting back onto boards now, had a great night (though had to leave early enough :( )
    god im seeing loads of people here that i recognise but didnt meet on sat :/ sorry if i didnt get around to introducing myself :)

great to meet people in real life :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭little lady

Had a great nite on Saturday, thanks to the girls (and boys) for meeting up beforehand, was a nice introduction to my first boards beers. Was great to meet everyone and put a name and face to tthe boardsee names :-)

Aw I missed that, I think at that stage I was pondering "i wonder how many people in this room I've gotten into arguments with on boards" :P

haha! think you were chatting to starburst at that stage and not making sexist comments :rolleyes:

When I said silent, I really meant that we had disregarded the noise coming from your mouth at that stage! :pac:

Well said...very beautiful :D

• Advertisement

FAR ENDER

You hillers cant even get the names right... no wonder you suck
    I'm not a hiller .I'm the next town down :p. poo on you.:)

panda100 wrote: »
    What??!But the ladies lounge should taste sweet and delicious like all of its faboluous posters!

Panda ,Flattery will get you everywhere.:)

panda100 wrote: »
    What??!But the ladies lounge should taste sweet and delicious like all of its faboluous posters!

Did you taste a few posters? :eek:

jealous

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

Fantastic weekend, was great to finally meet everyone, apologies to those I didn't get to talk to! And to those I did, sorry if I forgot various names/usernames, I'm terrible with names anyway so having to remember two made my brain a little sore :o:D Had some great chats. Eventful night to say the least hehe :rolleyes::D Amazing hungover day in the sun on Sunday with Pem, the two Lala's and Daisies, ate so much food! Didn't arrive home to Galway till 1am this morning :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Brainy, your a fellow Galwegian?
    jeesh, fair aul turn out from the whest so!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I'm not happy that my picture looks bad, compared to how I actually look :(

• Advertisement

papagormo wrote: »
    Brainy, your a fellow Galwegian?
    jeesh, fair aul turn out from the whest so!:)

Emm..did we not a conversation about it? Maybe not, talked to so may people about Galway, seems a lot of people there the other night were either from here or lived here for a while! Galway rocks :D (Apart from the sh1te weather/traffic :rolleyes:)
    Not from Galway no but have lived here for 3 years :D You're from Declan Moffat town aren't you, or is that someone else? :D;)

dont worry i had some taken of me also, and im seriously not photogenic!

What picture hun? One from Sat night? You looked fab so try not to worry :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

What picture hun? One from Sat night? You looked fab so try not to worry :D

awh thanks, but no I sent the lads on a picture of myself before the meet up and then when they saw me they said I look nothing like I do in my picture....it doesn't do me justice apparently.

meh, whatever...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Ok. I think at i was at a different night out to everyone else. Dont remember anything, or anyone thats been posting on here, and no-one remembers me :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Ok. I think at i was at a different night out to everyone else. Dont remember anything, or anyone thats been posting on here, and no-one remembers me :mad:

I remember you! Because I wanted your username when I first signed up :P We chatted at the bar for a bit, but I honestly don't remember what else we talked about. Damn champagne!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Snoopy1 wrote: »

Ah Snoopy my boy I remember you ;) Yes I do remember saying I thought you were a guy :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Yes i remember you saying you thought i was a boy grrrrrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Emm..did we not a conversation about it? Maybe not, talked to so may people about Galway, seems a lot of people there the other night were either from here or lived here for a while! Galway rocks :D (Apart from the sh1te weather/traffic :rolleyes:)
    Not from Galway no but have lived here for 3 years :D You're from Declan Moffat town aren't you, or is that someone else? :D;)

aww yes!:D (oopsys!)
    Declan Moffit conversation, I remember that one! :D (its the first thing I mention when I say Glenamaddy, dam you Tommy Tiernan!) yeah theres a few that either live there or went to college there etc. 3 years eh? You have wandered into Fibbers and the Hole for the chape booze by now so! and had a few tineens down by the arch the moment the sun pops out! Galway, I miss you:)

awh thanks, but no I sent the lads on a picture of myself before the meet up and then when they saw me they said I look nothing like I do in my picture....it doesn't do me justice apparently.

meh, whatever...

That was a compliment :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

hey guys I wasnt really planing to go to the tll beers because well its for girls I try not to post in this place to often but iw ould like to say

Pembily, princess lala that was some hug i receaved really didnt expect it... :pac:

every one else who sent me messgaes saying come to the beers you fag i deleted them so I dont know who they were but thanks :)....

every one else i got talking ot again lovely to see you excuse the soem what stressed head on me i had a busy night...

oh an Yourself i felt i only fitting some one offered you some sort outter layer...

Oh and you missed as spot :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Pembily, princess lala that was some hug i receaved really didnt expect it... :pac:

We were in huggable moods :D

hey guys I wasnt really planing to go to the tll beers because well its for girls I try not to post in this place to often but iw ould like to say

every one else who sent me messgaes saying come to the beers you fag i deleted them so I dont know who they were but thanks :)....

every one else i got talking ot again lovely to see you excuse the soem what stressed head on me i had a busy night...

oh an Yourself i felt i only fitting some one offered you some sort outter layer...

yoo was there :O i missed you too? :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

heh heh heh, worked too!

Ok, just got one of those drunken flashback memories...

Who was in the bathroom with me when we all started groping each other's bums? :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

jokettle wrote: »
    Ok, just got one of those drunken flashback memories...

Who was in the bathroom with me when we all started groping each other's bums? :o
    Guilty as charged.

maameeo wrote: »
    yoo was there :O i missed you too? :(

I got out of the gig i was at soooooo late...
    We were in huggable moods :D

yea you can say that again....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

I got no hugs :( and I love them :(

Guilty as charged.

I knew it.

That was a compliment :)

Yeah cos in your pic you looked...ginger :eek: you look far better in 3D, I think everyone was a huge improvement on their photo so thats great.

you're a gent...funny you should say that after BB got that spot! :pac:

Anyone post any pics of the night? ...Links people!!! Fingers crossed my camera dodging worked! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

jokettle wrote: »
    Moi :o - Pembily was at it all night :D
    yea you can say that again....

:o

Some in here yourself, don't see you in any though! Preparation of the girls and then during pix:D
    http://picasaweb.google.com/maameeo/BellaNight#

I'm sure there were a lot more cameras around!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

There was pics???

Phew, glad I missed them . . . . wait that means it didn't happen! :p

So I must have imagined the entire night. :D

Didn't imagine the hangover yesterday though. :o

Some in here yourself, don't see you in any though! Preparation of the girls and then during pix:D
    http://picasaweb.google.com/maameeo/BellaNight#

I'm sure there were a lot more cameras around!

jeeeze Tar, show my embarrassing photos to the world why dont you!

• Advertisement

heh heh heh, worked too!

true oh bye the way thanks for jumping me to I felt like man... :p

kingtut wrote: »
    I got no hugs :( and I love them :(

Its ok amn i think i ened up on the gorund a one point

you're a gent...funny you should say that after BB got that spot! :pac:

:D dry cleaning bill gonna suck :pac:

I was drunk and deaf thats my excuse and im sticking with it :pac:
    Moi :o - Pembily was at it all night :D