Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LL Beers! 14th August - Capitol Lounge!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭ERR!

Yay to poll:D

Damn, I didn't realise you could pick multiple options and I only clicked on Saturday 14th ... I can do any of those four dates! :o

ask a mod to change it for ya :)

The only date really that I can't do is the 14th :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭LilMsss

I can also do any of those dates :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭charmer

Not sure if i'd have the cohones to walk in on my own, anybody interested in meeting first? PM :D

charmer wrote: »
    Not sure if i'd have the cohones to walk in on my own, anybody interested in meeting first? PM :D

If I'm going (which I will be if it's Friday the 13th!), I'll meet up with you beforehand. I don't blame you not wanting to walk in on your own. Tis scary :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

I keep saying I'll pop my Boards Beers Cherry soon and since I hope not to be too broke next month this is the perfect time to do it!!!

Any Friday is best for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

I'm in.

Midori on ice for all.

I'm gonna wear my trilby hat :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Where do these things usually happen in Dublin? big city bars?

krudler wrote: »
    Where do these things usually happen in Dublin? big city bars?

Where-ever we decide. Mainly Dublin (it being the capital and all that), other county beers are normally organised in the tll private forum.

Normally Capitol bar, sometimes other places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Capitol FTW- cheap cocktails and free champers :P

Why is there free champers? :)

You get it when a certain amount of people turn up.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Damn, I didn't realise you could pick multiple options and I only clicked on Saturday 14th ... I can do any of those four dates! :o

i've just bumped an extra vote in against each of the dates for you, unfortunately i can't stick your name in :(

You goin maple?

Fago! wrote: »
    You goin maple?
    Depends on the night that's chosen lovely. Have a few bits and pieces on and am on hols as well so really depends. :)

• Advertisement

Shweeeeeeet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

K I am blonde, please put my vote down for any of the nights :o Thought I had to choose one :O Name doesn't matter!!:rolleyes:

Fago! wrote: »
    You get it when a certain amount of people turn up.

Coolers :)

Pembily wrote: »
    K I am blonde, please put my vote down for any of the nights :o Thought I had to choose one :O Name doesn't matter!!:rolleyes:

Done. :)

And I added a note to the poll that it's multiple choice. :)

maple wrote: »
    Done. :)

And I added a note to the poll that it's multiple choice. :)

Thank you!!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

Capitol is a champion spot ,free champers or not.

I only need 5 more votes for friday 13th! c'mon people :D

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Aussie Sean

The only night I could do is Sat 21st,but as others have said there will always be other nights out

Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Just for you.

I guess, walking into someplac where you dont know anyone is a bit daunting, the travelling thing alone I dont mind, I'm going to America for 3 weeks by myself in October, cant wait :)

edit: thanks for the hugs btw, breaking up sucks, stupid facebook etiquette and all that jazz, damn technology making these things infinitely more difficult
    I agree the FB stuff is pox , I haven't changed my status and its 2 months now.

So whats the general etiquette for first timers? meet up with someone beforehand? or will it pretty clear where the boardsies will be in whichever pub we go to? am quite looking forward to this, be nice to put some faces to the names on here :)

So whats the general etiquette for first timers? meet up with someone beforehand? or will it pretty clear where the boardsies will be in whichever pub we go to? am quite looking forward to this, be nice to put some faces to the names on here :)
    Meet up with someone you know already. its simple to find them there s usually sections reserved.

BumbleB wrote: »
    Meet up with someone you know already. its simple to find them there s usually sections reserved.

errr, that would be nobody lol, never me anyone from on here before in person.

I'm thinking of going in for a while if you want ,you can meet me. I know feck all people either but I'm not afraid to go into a room full of strange people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Someone will volunteer in about 5 minutes. I'd volunteer but I've no idea whether or not I'll be tehre and I usually show up pretty late after work anyway.... Failing that, PM someone whose posts you like and who's definitely going.

• Advertisement

Theres a plan, I'm 90% sure I can go, just need to find out the exact date once everyone agrees and get a hotel someplace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

For you (:

BumbleB wrote: »
    I'm thinking of going in for a while if you want ,you can meet me. I know feck all people either but I'm not afraid to go into a room full of strange people.

OI :mad:

:p

Ah we're all a little strange round these parts :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

and we're all perfectly normal in Dublin..... honest ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Theres a plan, I'm 90% sure I can go, just need to find out the exact date once everyone agrees and get a hotel someplace.

Hey you again. I've mentioned it to one of the boardsies I met in a Limerick meet up and he's up for it, and as dellas1979 said in here a while back she's probably up for it. so maybe the 3/4 of us could head up there together? then we could get a couple of hotel rooms and head to the meet up together, and no one would have to be by their lonesome.... what you think?

just looked back over the post by dellas1979 and she can't make any of these dates, so maybe just the 3 of us...?

OI :mad:

:p
    Ha ha ! put that in on purpose and you fell for it.:D

That could work, once the dates are sorted I'll let ya know? need to see if I can get the days off work, should be able to so if I can I'm up for it. :)

Hey you again. I've mentioned it to one of the boardsies I met in a Limerick meet up and he's up for it, and as dellas1979 said in here a while back she's probably up for it. so maybe the 3/4 of us could head up there together? then we could get a couple of hotel rooms and head to the meet up together, and no one would have to be by their lonesome.... what you think?

just looked back over the post by dellas1979 and she can't make any of these dates, so maybe just the 3 of us...?
    That could work, once the dates are sorted I'll let ya know? need to see if I can get the days off work, should be able to so if I can I'm up for it. :)

I will be coming up from Clare / Cork and will be staying too and havn't met anyone going to this meet up and would rather not walk into a pub and wander around like a twit - so meeting up with a person or two before hand would be good!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Pembily wrote: »
    I will be coming up from Clare / Cork and will be staying too and havn't met anyone going to this meet up and would rather not walk into a pub and wander around like a twit - so meeting up with a person or two before hand would be good!!! :D

Are you driving up or are you going by train? And will you need a place to stay?? we could meet up anyway, just wondering.... looking into hotel prices and that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I dunno if I'll be able to make it or not what with going away parties and birthday nights out coming up but with unconfirmed dates as of yet, so I put myself down for all nights as theoretically, I can make them all :o

Are you driving up or are you going by train? And will you need a place to stay?? we could meet up anyway, just wondering.... looking into hotel prices and that...

Probably drive more than likely from Clare!!! Yup stayed in the Mercer Court last time but it was very noisey :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Come on Sat the 14th :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Hmm, I could theoretically make one on a Saturday night... I'll wait and see what the definite plan is.

Ahm, I might go. Don't know anyone though I think...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭charmer

I know it's LL and all but.. chances of some eligible batchelors?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

charmer wrote: »
    I know it's LL and all but.. chances of some eligible batchelors?? :D

LL beers actually have a bigger turn out of men than women!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

bluewolf wrote: »
    Ahm, I might go. Don't know anyone though I think...

...so?

Meeting new people is always fun! (nearly always).

I'd say a good few people who are friends here now only met at beers.
    I'd recommend people go along whether they know anyone or not, its never as daunting and terrifying as it seems, and once you're there 5 minutes you'll have forgotten :)

Silverfish wrote: »
    ...so?
    So I was trying to subtly ask if I could be included in the pre-meet up or whatever :(

THANKS SILVERFISH!!!

(:P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

bluewolf wrote: »
    So I was trying to subtly ask if I could be included in the pre-meet up or whatever :(

THANKS SILVERFISH!!!

(:P)

Of course you can :) Just pm one of us :)

I have met so many of my friends through Boards and we have all been that nervous one at some stage :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement