Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Frank Duffy 10 mile 21st August 2010

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭aero2k

3 stars (average)
    Woddle wrote: »
    A few pics coming up now, unsure whether I'll get them all up today.
    Nice to meet so many boardsies again and alot of pbs knocking about.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25938822@N07/sets/72157624648356865/
    Great pics as always Woddle - I swear I was smiling, not grimacing, at 9.5 miles!

Tough day at the office for me, and for others too, judging by the times.

Gutted for Krusty, he ran away from me during mile 6 and was looking really strong then. I was running on empty from about 3 miles onwards, but thought I'd definitely manage sub 61. However a tight calf from the 7 mile marker on put paid to that - no real pain or suffering but the ever-present threat of a cramp every time my foot hit the ground. I decided to play safe and make sure of the PB - I knew if I had to stop that would mean curtains. 62.03 on the chip - 10 days ago when I was hobbling I'd have happily signed up for that.

I'm not (too) disappointed, I reckon I did all I could on the day. I know there'll be better and faster days, and probably plenty of worse ones too.

I'm taking a week off now, then I'll try to get in shape for the half.

Great to meet so many boardsies there. I'll put up a report on my log later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 sd2002

3 stars (average)
    Got under my target time of 72mins - by 5 secs! However, felt I could have done better - at halfway was on track to go sub70 but the hills had other plans!

First time racing the distance so now I've a PB to beat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

4 stars (good)
    Had a target time of 1hr40 and did it in 1hr38:14 so reasonably happy with that. I think the heat really got to me today. I know it wasn't very hot but I've been doing all my running at 8/9 in the evening.

By the 8th mile I was dead on my feet and had to walk abit which I was very disappointed in.

Still it was a PB by 7mins which wasn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭bold_defender

3 stars (average)
    runrabbit wrote: »
    This is the third time this has happened to me (twice before when training on warmer days), I honestly couldn't have drank more water in the past few days if I'd tried (at least 5 litres yesterday), so not sure where to go from here. I'm going to be very worried before the half marathon, but I'm going to keep training for it, as if I pull out now I think I'll find it hard to get the confidence to ever come back to this running business. So not too happy in the runrabbit house tonight!

There are far more experienced people on here than me but is it possible you drinking too much water, 5 litres seem a lot for the day before when I presume you were not training. I say I drank 2 litres yesterday at most.

finished in 113 so was near enough my prediction, first and maybe last 10miles as knee is killing me, I'm sure that will wear off and I'll be eager for another soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

I've uploaded all 700 of my pics from today, hope I got you.

http://www.racepix.com/

I won't get a chance to tag numbers till tomorrow, so your going to have to search for yourself the hard way for now :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

64:25 for me. It's a PB by about 5 minutes from years ago, but I'm not happy with it as I know I'm capable of better. I wouldn't have made under 65 if Woddle hadn't shouted at me just after the 9 marker that Misty was just in front, and then Misty graciusly shouted me on as I passed him as well.

Just had a few pints in Ryans and then fell asleep on the bus to the airport. Just time to get some more carbs in before the flight now.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭thepassanger

3 stars (average)
    i wanted to do under 60 as a very optimistic first time racing this distance, did it in 65:54, im still very happy with this time, congratulations to all participants.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭brophya2007

RayCun wrote: »
    Very happy with my 80.55, and with the race in general. I also got 10.05 for the distance so no problems there, the fruit at the end was very welcome, and starting at the front of the second wave was great. (Strangely, my chip time and clock time are only a couple of seconds off - did they 'restart' the clock for the later waves?)

The goody bag was a bit light, there was some confusion over the waves - the race material said wave 2 was for 85+, but the signs on the day were from last year and said 70+), and the people in the cherry picker at the beginning were bloody annoying (no, this is not perfect weather, why are you telling me now that I should drink water - do you have some for me?, and would you please just switch off the music and STFU) - but these are minor gripes. All the important things were spot on.

Good running Ray - you look in good shape for Sub 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

3 stars (average)
    56.09 for me. A PB on a tough day so I'm delighted.

Got 10.1 miles on Garmin which tells me the course was measured accurately and I ran a few bends wide etc. Regarding the rating for this race I thought it was spot on and don't have many complaints bar one :)
    I never mind taking water in cups I know some people hate it but it doesn't bother me. The scouts were handing out water and when I tried to grab the cup they were jumping backwards to avoid getting wet. Managed to get 1/4 filled cup after 3 empty ones at the first stop. Similar story at 7 miles. Can't blame the organisers for any of this.

I'd give this race 4 stars. I still think 20 euro is a bit expensive. 15 would be better value IMO especially considering the huge numbers who take part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

4 stars (good)
    56.09 for me. A PB on a tough day so I'm delighted.

Got 10.1 miles on Garmin which tells me the course was measured accurately and I ran a few bends wide etc. Regarding the rating for this race I thought it was spot on and don't have many complaints bar one :)
    I never mind taking water in cups I know some people hate it but it doesn't bother me. The scouts were handing out water and when I tried to grab the cup they were jumping backwards to avoid getting wet. Managed to get 1/4 filled cup after 3 empty ones at the first stop. Similar story at 7 miles. Can't blame the organisers for any of this.

I'd give this race 4 stars. I still think 20 euro is a bit expensive. 15 would be better value IMO especially considering the huge numbers who take part.

Fair play RoadRunner, great performance.

Tough day at the office for myself. Never got into a comfortable rythm. Went through 5 miles in just under 28mins and was struggling to hold onto the lads in the group I was in. So I eased my pace a little for fear of blowing up at 8 miles which was a posibility. But that was a mistake because I was all over the place after that, lost my momentum completley. Shouldve stayed with the original group I was in, I think I couldve stayed with them. But you live and learn.
    57:56. I have to be honest and hold up my hand and admit that I just wasnt good enough on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

3 stars (average)
    Did the 10mile today - not happy with it in terms of time, but really proud of myself for finishing.

Was actually a terrible race for me.

Not used to running in the sunshine - in fact never had. So I was very uncomfortable with the sun beating down on my face and after 1.5miles had to stop running. I was disgusted to be honest.

Picked it up again after 2miles, but it was really on and off until 4miles. Had a splitting headache too at this point (dehydrated maybe? Although I had drunk loads of water the night before?? 2 litres? Is that loads - I don't know.)

Was well fuelled for it in terms of pasta night before and boiled eggs and coffee with toast this morning. Had no tiredness in the legs or anything, was just the sun which was a killer.

After mile 4 I really felt myself improving. Had taken a lucozade energy shot at this point and was feeling comfortable bar needing the toilets.

Went to the toilet between mile 4 and 5 - 10mins wasted there but needed it! Had to wait for a toilet, lol, I wasn't that long IN it!

First 4 miles took me an hour!!!!:eek::eek: Was terrible and I was really thinking about jacking it in then, but got through the last 6 in 55mins so I'm glad I persevered. From 4 on it was a bit windy and the sun went into hiding too so that made it better on me.

Felt physically sick at the end, woman at the end wanting to take my photo - I managed not to get sick all over her. Got some paracetamol off the Fist Aid guys and headed off.

Time on clock was 2.15, my chip time will be 2.05 and minus the 10mins for bathroom (I know you can't really do that but I am :D) it comes in at 1.55.

Not impressed by the time but impressed by my resilience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

runrabbit wrote: »
    I had 10.09 on the garmin too, got the extra back from the 5-miler!

Well after weeks of hard training unfortunately my body let me down today. I found the heat and sun very difficult, by mile 3 I was feeling the effects of it (cold chills and nausea) despite being very well hydrated before the race. From then on it was a physical and moreso a mental struggle to complete it, as I knew it wasn't going my way. My time was much slower than I had hoped, and I'm really disappointed in myself.

This is the third time this has happened to me (twice before when training on warmer days), I honestly couldn't have drank more water in the past few days if I'd tried (at least 5 litres yesterday), so not sure where to go from here. I'm going to be very worried before the half marathon, but I'm going to keep training for it, as if I pull out now I think I'll find it hard to get the confidence to ever come back to this running business. So not too happy in the runrabbit house tonight!

I was really confused at the deviation from the course but my head was so fuzzy at that stage that I didn't question it!

Don't be too disheartened; some races will be good and others not so good, mark it down as experience and move on. I'm not sure how many events you've run - but they take getting used to (especially the big ones with '000's of people in them).

In terms of the heat, just make sure you are wearing as little as possible whilst keeping it decent :-), wear light colours and a cap or visor will help as well.

Its a journey, keep at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Lex Luther

63.05 for me which is a 90 second PB - would have liked to be a minute faster but it just wasnt there on the day. Legs felt heavy at start ( might have been the stupid 5.50 first mile though).
    My usual even splits - 31.25 , 31.40 - just cant seem to force myself to run faster in the early/middle sections.
    Well done to Krusty for a great time ( and bad luck !) , good to meet Tunguska, Misty and others afterwards.
    LL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

4 stars (good)
    I've uploaded all 700 of my pics from today, hope I got you.

http://www.racepix.com/

I won't get a chance to tag numbers till tomorrow, so your going to have to search for yourself the hard way for now :D

Cheers Woddle. I love getting into pictures :D but I just couldn't muster a smile today but thanks for taking them, loads of great ones.

I had a shocking run today anyway. The odds were stacked up against me getting a PB but I tried anyway....foolishly. A good learning experience.

Organisation: great
    Accurate: yes
    Course: great
    Value for money: yes IMO

5/5 for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭heffsarmy

3 stars (average)
    tunguska wrote: »
    Fair play RoadRunner, great performance.

+1 Great run by RR

It was a strange race for me, I just could'nt keep the legs moving, felt like I was running through a bog. I was glad to see the finish line, but not my time 58.22, ah well live to run another day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

First time I've run 10miles in about 3 years..
    Aimed for 95mins, but got in just over 93mins, so well pleased.

Very hot out there at times today. Anyone else hear the monkeys cheering us one as we ran past the zoo? And there was a gorilla up in the tree aswell looking at us all!

Re the commentator. I think he's deadly, really lifts the spirits when running along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,826 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Very hot out there at times today. Anyone else hear the monkeys cheering us one as we ran past the zoo? And there was a gorilla up in the tree aswell looking at us all!
    Anyone else hear the monkeys having sex as we were running by? Maybe they were just cheering, but there was one pair that definitely sped up their hooting until they reached a... "peak". That would have been fairly late though, I started in the last wave (although I finished in 1:34:59, very important second :)).

A small bit disappointed with my time, but more because the clock at the end said 1:44, and I thought I had crossed the start line at 10:15, so was hoping it would be sub-90. Forgot to allow for the fact that the race probably didn't start at 10 on the dot :pac:.

Still, wasn't bad for a first timer who hadn't done any real running other than 5-a-side football in about 2 years and only had two weeks training beforehand. Ran from the 6 the 9 mile-marker really well, but had nothing left to give by the time we got to Chesterfield avenue for the 3rd time. I'd say I could have gotten under 90 if I had anything left in the tank, but ended up walking most of the last mile

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

Jk_Eire wrote: »
    My result is displaying wrong !
    Yeh mines about 4 minutes out too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭another world

Nice day for a run but pity it was a race! Dissapointed in my time of 65:55, I was hoping for under 63. Well, I can only put it down to not having trained enough and starting far too fast. Actually, a lot of lessons learnt today. Very enjoyable event :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

3 stars (average)
    Goal was for under 90 mins - chip time was 89.02. Exact to the second of my own stopwatch. Delighted with that as I wasn't expecting it. Great race, great atmosphere, great weather (almost too great). Only complaint was that there was no t shirt in my goodie bag but I contacted them when I got home and it's in the post now!! :D Bring on the extra 3.1 miles next month!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

3 stars (average)
    I got 69:30 ish, went through a couple of very bad spots but satisfied I battled through. Last year was 70:47 so it's a PB. Therefore I'm happy, but the legs are sure feeling it now!

Nice to meet a few heads at the finish line, figs kept up his habit of beating me!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭jimcricket

4 stars (good)
    Great race. Predicted 75.54 and came in 74.58 which is a pb.
    I taught a better time was to be had but got done by the hills.
    Still happy enough, roll on the marathon:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 rience

I looked at my result on web page - was finishing at 1:40 (I even have a picture done by friend with that time on clock) - on the web page is 1:35. Is something wrong with measuring time ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

3 stars (average)
    Hahaaaa - he (Wod) missed me first time around but glad I made up for it at the finish!

4912650513_3333cdb2db.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭figs

3 stars (average)
    Enjoyed today's race. Have started to find some running form recently, so was looking forward to giving today a bash. Made it round in 68:00 chip time / 68:18 clock time. A PB for me by 1:33, so happy with that.

Met a few new boardsie faces at the start, as well as the some of the ones I already recognised... Ran with christeb and RAL3 for the first few miles, but lost contact a little after 4 miles. I was feeling good, so put the head down and pushed on. Was feeling ok at 5, having gone through in 33:50 (06:46 pace).

Hit the hills feeling comfortable, and passed a struggling jlang at the bottom of the first hill. A quick look at my watch told me I was going too fast (at 6:10 pace), so pulled it back and was sure glad I did... by the time I reached the top of the first, my pace had fallen to 7:20. Had a HTFU moment, and quickly told myself to get back to race pace, and the legs responded. Wasn't too bad after that. Kept it moving pretty well through the hill from 7.5 to 8.5, and had a fast(ish) last mile to finish. Went through second 5 in 34:08 (6:50 pace).

Great to meet so many boardsie's, and a few more new faces. Unfortunately, couldn't stay for a pint, but hopefully will do so the next time.

Thought the race was very well organised today, started pretty much on time (although if RQ had been the starter, we'd all have been going a minute or so earlier!). Only grumble is the plastic cups at the water stations... nearly choked me! Just cant get the hang of drinking from them on the run. Must get some practice in... now where did I put that beer?:D

Edit: @ Woddle - Thanks for the photos... some great shots of the day in there... although next time you're to run the race!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Tipsygypsy

3 stars (average)
    Well done everyone. I have to say that was one of the hardest things I have EVER done. Very proud to have done it though, didn't get near my target and came in at 1:59:xx, much slower than I hoped for but enjoyed almost all of it and my first time to run more than 7 miles so I'm just happy to have kept running all the way to the end. The last mile was a battle for every step so I have a great sense of achievement. (and on the plus side I can only get faster in my next one!).
    I thought it was a good show by the organisers. Like others have said, not fond of the plastic cups, would much prefer bottles, but no other complaints. Atmosphere was good, route was nice, marshaling and support good. Gets good marks from me. Looking forward to the half (I promise to train my over sized behind off between now and then!)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

4 stars (good)
    Disaster for me, pretty much figured out it would be off target from early on. Better than last year but not a PB despite the beliefs of some on here. Poor turn out in Ryans! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

christeb wrote: »
    Hahaaaa - he (Wod) missed me first time around but glad I made up for it at the finish!

4912650513_3333cdb2db.jpg
    that picture is deadly. Spotted it up on racepix.

3 stars (average)
    By the way - did anyone else think the goodie bags were extremely stingy this time round or maybe mine was just missing stuff!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

peanuthead wrote: »
    By the way - did anyone else think the goodie bags were extremely stingy this time round or maybe mine was just missing stuff!!
    I agree! Just seemed to be 2 cereal bars, Cadburys bar, t-shirt, Club Energise and a bit of miscellaneous rubbish. I want more goodies :D (actually I wish Spar were still giving sandwiches after the race like last year, it's nice to chow down on some semi-real food after you finish!)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

There is plenty of fruit available afterwards as well, I guess if they put it in the bags they would feel more substantial, but then you end up with even more wasted stuff and probably squished banana all over you new t-shirt.

Christeb is clearly hoping that there will be an award for the biggest show off at the end of the year.

rience wrote: »
    I looked at my result on web page - was finishing at 1:40 (I even have a picture done by friend with that time on clock) - on the web page is 1:35. Is something wrong with measuring time ?

Did you start in the second wave? The time showing on the clock at the finish line will have been started when the first wave started, but the time that you see online is your own actual race time based on when you crossed the start line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

3 stars (average)
    robinph wrote: »
    Christeb is clearly hoping that there will be an award for the biggest show off at the end of the year.
    Fair play to him for having the strenght to do that, woddle got a photo of me just after the 9 mile point and I look the way I was feeling - death warmed up:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bmurphy8177

1 star (terrible)
    No fruit left at end, no xl t-shirts, change of route without notice. Chaos at water stations.

• Advertisement

3 stars (average)
    No fruit left at end, no xl t-shirts, change of route without notice. Chaos at water stations.
    Are you sure about the xl t-shirts? When I went through there we're very few people going for them and there were loads left. Water stations are always dodgy, So many runners converging on the one area at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bmurphy8177

1 star (terrible)
    i asked at 2 separate t-shirt points and they told me there were none left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭daymobrew

4 stars (good)
    gerard65 wrote: »
    Passed a women pushing a buggy with a toddler in it around mile 2. Must have had no babysitter:rolleyes:
    Pic: http://www.flickr.com/photos/25938822@N07/4912434227/in/set-72157624648356865/
    I saw her friend help her lift the buggy over the plastic netting for the first wave. I think she beat her buggy-less friend by about 30 sec.
    Can you elaborate on the "chaos"? Was the water gone? Congested?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

daymobrew wrote: »
    Pic: http://www.flickr.com/photos/25938822@N07/4912434227/in/set-72157624648356865/
    I saw her friend help her lift the buggy over the plastic netting for the first wave. I think she beat her buggy-less friend by about 30 sec. Can you elaborate on the "chaos"? Was the water gone? Congested?

Same thing happened in the Strawberry half marathon. So with the headphones on she is obviously telepathic if the baby is crying? Don't want to sound sexist but is this just stupid or what? Whatever about the buggy I think headphones in busy races are a no no.

3 stars (average)
    i asked at 2 separate t-shirt points and they told me there were none left.
    Thats annoying. I went through about 76mins so there must have been a run on them after me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

3 stars (average)
    I agree! Just seemed to be 2 cereal bars, Cadburys bar, t-shirt, Club Energise and a bit of miscellaneous rubbish. I want more goodies :D (actually I wish Spar were still giving sandwiches after the race like last year, it's nice to chow down on some semi-real food after you finish!)

And a purple...Yes purple shirt!! :eek: RK, was that you I saw in last years blue half marathon top and shades?

My Garmin read 10.1 and my average mile time was 8;05 but I ended up with a chip time of 81;26 !!

3 stars (average)
    daymobrew wrote: »
    Thats her. She was moving at a fairly good pelt as well. Maybe the sitter let her down at the last minute so it was a case of 'feck it, I've done all this training so I'm going to run anyway'. Its was about 2 mile by the time I passed her so she must have been near the front of the wave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

3 stars (average)
    4913139866_e9f7944fa3_z.jpg
    She was drafting me at that point....;)

digger2d2 wrote: »
    She was drafting me at that point....;)

Riiiiight, we believe you.

I was making use of one of the other women for keeping me honest for a large chunk of the race. The guy infront being her personal mobile water station and Mr Motivator:

4912554607_462aef7d62.jpg

I was going backwards a bit before they caught up with me, so thanks go to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 rience

robinph wrote: »
    Did you start in the second wave? The time showing on the clock at the finish line will have been started when the first wave started, but the time that you see online is your own actual race time based on when you crossed the start line.

I started in 2nd wave. My chip time was 1:35 - which is ok since I started more or less 5 min after 1st wave. But web page is showing also finish time - and it's 1:35 something (only few seconds difference to my chip time) - so it's wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭runnerboy

that guy with the water bottle is former national cross country champ peter matthews and is the current national vets cross champ. not a bad guy to have you pacing over 10 mile. i hope he got well paid for it cos the prizes are generally poor for this race

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,826 ✭✭✭✭28064212

rience wrote: »
    I started in 2nd wave. My chip time was 1:35 - which is ok since I started more or less 5 min after 1st wave. But web page is showing also finish time - and it's 1:35 something (only few seconds difference to my chip time) - so it's wrong.
    Yeah, I'm the same. Chip time is showing 1:34:59, finish time is showing 01:35:19, even though I was in the last wave, and the clock at the end was showing 1:44:something when I finished

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

I reckon it's wave times and chip times, so it's just telling you that it still took you about 20 sth seconds to cross the start mat when your wave started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭scargill

4 stars (good)
    was hoping for 90, came in at 99. my gps measured 10.13?

A little bit off target for doing the half under 2 hours - hopefully get it together in the next few weeks.
    The heat running down Chesterfield Ave the first time nearly killed me. Think I was sunburnt after 20 minutes!

The hills that I didn't really mind during the 5-miler felt like mountains today.

I ran out of all energy at around 7.5 miles, had to walk some of the last couple of miles. think I need to get some more longer runs in over the next month!

3 stars (average)
    I think most would agree that it wasn't a great run. Not all, but most, from what I can see on here and from my own opinion

• Advertisement
Advertisement