Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good gaming pc setup?

Options
  • 17-07-2010 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Is this a good gaming pc setup?
    im going to be playing new games on a 19 inch monitor and i want games on medium to high.
    also will all these parts work together(like are they all compatable with the motherboard etc..)
    Thanks anyway

Capture.JPG
    Capture 2.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Is this a good gaming pc setup?
    im going to be playing new games on a 19 inch monitor and i want games on medium to high.
    also will all these parts work together(like are they all compatable with the motherboard etc..)
    Thanks anyway

Capture.JPG
    Capture 2.JPG

you need DDR3 RAM.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Several issues:

What resolution is the monitor? I doubt its 1080p anyway!
    You're probably better with a cheap tri-core CPU for gaming.
    RAM is wrong - you have DDR2 listed. You neeed DDR3.
    Graphics are a bit pricey, given you can get a HD5750 1GB that's nearly as good (prior to OCing... ;)) for €100 on Pixmania. Would you really need a HD5770 instead for nearly twice as much with a 19" monitor? :o
    Case is decent enough
    PSU is naff. At these power levels you can safely get away with a much more stable and reliable Corsair CX400.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

why not just bump the dual to a tri and get a motherboard with a core unlocker on it; turns it into a quad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

arrrghhhh, not enough info thread

What games do you want to play? GTA IV will run like crap but bioshock 2 will run well

Are you sure you want 2 DVD-RAM drives?

10 Watt speakers will be kinda rubbish, honestly 10W speakers would be okish with a subwoofer but definately not without, but its down to taste :)

Advertisement