Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hornady Tap 75 gr for .223

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

Hey guys just wondering has any of ye tried these out yet, picked up two boxes yesterday will be looking at doing some long range work next month.

http://gunmart.net/accessories_review/hornady_tap_fpd/

i never used them but i got real good results with 75gr hornady match @500y :D

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/233297/107051.jpg

that is a 6" plate with a 3 shot group center to center is less than 1.5" or about .3 moa
    my rifle is the tikka tactical 20" barrel and t8 mod.
    what are you using.

i think the 75gr match ammo is cheaper than the tap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Unlike my 30-06, which loves the 185gr and not the 150gr for which I have heard was the original design, I have found that in practice my 223 likes to digest the lighter stuff.

Differences are probably due to spin rates of barrels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Good shooting there Poulo (now that I've learned to spell your name properly :rolleyes: ), that's a nice plate you got, mind me asking where you came by it?

I tried 75 grain rounds in my previous Tikka with a 1 in 8 twist and it was no different to shooting a shotgun, but that was a rather peculiar rifle in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    i never used them but i got real good results with 75gr hornady match @500y :D

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/233297/107051.jpg

that is a 6" plate with a 3 shot group center to center is less than 1.5" or about .3 moa
    my rifle is the tikka tactical 20" barrel and t8 mod.
    what are you using.

i think the 75gr match ammo is cheaper than the tap

Some great shooting Poulo, iv a tikka t3 lite in a 1 in 8 twist so I want to TRY and push the limit out and do some long range work. Would be happy to get results like yours. So it will be practice practice practice, wont get a chance till late next month both cant wait working on some drop charts at the moment.

Some great shooting Poulo, iv a tikka t3 lite in a 1 in 8 twist so I want to TRY and push the limit out and do some long range work. Would be happy to get results like yours. So it will be practice practice practice, wont get a chance till late next month both cant wait working on some drop charts at the moment.

best of luck and enjoy the shooting, i need to get out my self and get some practice. i got some descent ammo for my .308 yesterday and i need to shoot it out to 1000y if i can. its all a bit of fun;)

• Advertisement

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    best of luck and enjoy the shooting, i need to get out my self and get some practice. i got some descent ammo for my .308 yesterday and i need to shoot it out to 1000y if i can. its all a bit of fun;)

Fair play lad out to the 1000 yrd mark keep us updated on how you get on.

Fair play lad out to the 1000 yrd mark keep us updated on how you get on.

i will in dead if i can get my brother to come along with his camera i'll video it. hopefully;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

Hey guys just wondering has any of ye tried these out yet, picked up two boxes yesterday will be looking at doing some long range work next month.

i had the 73 gr TAP
    my tikka loved them,some of the best rounds that ive put through my rifle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

John Greene sells gong targets like that, he had a good few of them the last time I was up there.

Didnt ask for a price, I'll be making my own!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Where did you get them?

• Advertisement

johngalway wrote: »
    Good shooting there Poulo (now that I've learned to spell your name properly :rolleyes: ), that's a nice plate you got, mind me asking where you came by it?

I tried 75 grain rounds in my previous Tikka with a 1 in 8 twist and it was no different to shooting a shotgun, but that was a rather peculiar rifle in the first place.

hi johng, that target is belong to shanmoll308 i was with him for a day for some pointers on long range shooting. he has a couple of them in different sizes.
    he's a sound lad i'm sure he would tell you where he got them if you ask him.

i'm lucky with my tikka it likes a lot of rounds. i use 55gr hornady all the time and have plinked them out to 500 aswell but the 75's were particularly good:D

murph226 wrote: »
    John Greene sells gong targets like that, he had a good few of them the last time I was up there.

Didnt ask for a price, I'll be making my own!

hi murph. i saw the targets in john green's they are ideal for a bit of crack. he said that the guy that made them will also be making silhouette targets of fox and deer etc. they would be good for getting the eye in.

hows your tac going for you:D

Rew wrote: »
    Where did you get them?

Picked them up in Connolys Red Mills in County Kilkenny, joe had just got a shipment of ammo in.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Saddlebags

Picked them up in Connolys Red Mills in County Kilkenny, joe had just got a shipment of ammo in.

Where in KK is that?

Have a T3 Lite 1:8 too and it loves 75gr boat tail but its hard to get them at the moment.

Wouldn't mind trying the TAP.

Saddlebags wrote: »
    Where in KK is that?

Have a T3 Lite 1:8 too and it loves 75gr boat tail but its hard to get them at the moment.

Wouldn't mind trying the TAP.

Its in Goresbridge, Joe is only there friday and half day sat.

http://www.redmills.ie/ie/fixed/contact/

Advertisement