Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another desperate try to reinvent the property bubble?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

tara73 wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/property-plus/going-going-gone-2253377.html

can people with knowledge give their opinion if this article speaks reality or is it another of the many unbelievable tries to reboost the property madness?

good laugh with reading...:)

That article does be crazy talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

propertyjournalists.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

It's an estate agent's sign bearing the word 'sold' on its timber frame. Take a right and you see another, then a left and it's 'sale agreed'

So, two sold then, yeah its another boom:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 John_Cultane

It may not actually be hype. Houses in my area have come up on the market and sold within weeks. I don't know if they sold way below the asking price or not but they did sell quickly. There are some that have been on the market a while but they seem to be ones that need work.

It is a buyers market so cherry picking is likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,274 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

places like mount merrion are very mature areas, no over building and residents that dont need to buy and sell. Hard to draw any positive conclusions from it.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 rinty

Sorry for this jump in the general topic but it is related.I read in a polish language web page that the property prices are now termed as abstract since they are extremely out of reach for the vast majority of poles(old news i know). The prices are as much as 50 % below the asking prices and the bubble property holders are in denial and waiting for a miracle return of growth, so they are holding back in a big game of bluff. This link describes the bubble in the USA but its the same scam as Europe.
    http://www.chrismartenson.com/crashcourse/chapter-15-bubbles
    After watching this link The question is.. what happens when the bubble is not even based on the workers in the country but by Polish working for wages 5 or 6 times higher in the west. I hear that the prices are very slow to drop in the eastern part of Poland as this is where there is the highest emigration and in countrys like Czech Republic the prices are crashing because they didnt have such mass migration to England and Ireland etc. Crashing back to normality for the average worker in the country.
    What will happen to Poland will it stay abstract for years to come????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

I was very intrigued with that article as I'm familiar with the area.
    Actually I only recently passed comment that I found it strange four houses up for sale and four went sale agreed within the same week.

Now, one of the houses has had extensive renovations started on it about three weeks ago, so I'd say that was a legit sale.
    Two of the other houses have gone sale agreed three times already this year, so I'm watching eagerly to see if the "For Sale" sign goes back up or if there's any change in the houses.

I recall I was thinking it was a marketing ploy, as how could four houses all go sale agreed within one week?

A fifth house, in the same area has come up for sale. with a not so "well known" estate agent. It will be very interesting to see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

I actually recall two years an attempt to boost the property market with an article - possibly also in the Indo - claiming that south Dublin three-beds were on the rise. 2 years later, and 3-beds have also fallen in the line with the rest of the market. A single-digit sample is not an accurate reading.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

Makes sence TBH.

Advertisement