Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Star Immaculate

• 17-07-2010 11:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭

Just spotted this wreck on a buddy's dive log. Can anyone tell me anything about it? Location, depth (his log averages 20metres), state of the wreck? Want to do a good bit of diving next week so I'm checking some new stuff out!

Cheers!

Sean

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭yosemite_sam

t1mm wrote: »
    Just spotted this wreck on a buddy's dive log. Can anyone tell me anything about it? Location, depth (his log averages 20metres), state of the wreck? Want to do a good bit of diving next week so I'm checking some new stuff out!

Cheers!

Sean

It could be this one http://www.wrecksite.eu/wreck.aspx?71224

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭t1mm

Spotted that site alright, not very much information on it though, they seem to require membership!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭yosemite_sam

You will have to dig deep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭scubakid

I dived it once or twice. Not much there. As far as I can remember it's about 13 or 14 metres. Don't expect a great dive there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭t1mm

I figured there could be two reasons for the lack of information: its an uninteresting wreck, or its a very interesting one that nobody wants to share! Very few of the latter remaining though I guess.

Scubakid, is it just scattered all over the place or what?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Paddy Diver

Ran onto Roche's Point in a bad gale in 1986. Towed to current position and sank, approx 1.5nm form Roche's Point. Wooden hull, all gone except for some steel bulkheads. Superstructure was pretty much intact up until about 2years ago, after that winter it was ripped apart. Its a small site, you can cover the superstructure, engine, winch's & mid deck hatch/locker in about 15-20mins. You can go looking for the remains of the hull but most people miss it.

Depth only 16-19m, could easily spend an hour in the water if you want. Supposedly there is another big chunk off to one side, Ive havnt seen it yet, might go have a look later

Advertisement