Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Niteclubs Drinks Watered Down

Options
  • 18-07-2010 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

Hi people just taught id share this story with ye, I was in the Foundry last night with my mates as ya do,

I was a fairly tipsy had a few beers before going out, then 2 shots of Jack Daniels at home.
    Then before the club we went to pub i got another J D nothing wrong with it.

Then in the club i got a pint of budweiser must of been watered down didnt taste like their was alcohol in it, After that i ordered a double JD @ €9.50 no ice that was definatly not the full 38% abv i was ****ing raging but if i tried complaining to the bar man id probably get chucked out...
    I also notice some people bring in their own vodka etc... cant say id blame them anymore

Anyone else get the same feeling when out clubbing that the alcohol they buy at a hefty price is watered down???
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,906 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

maybe it was Bud Light?

fwiw the foundry is easy to get flasks into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

SIX PACK wrote: »

Then in the club i got a pint of budweiser must of been watered down didnt taste like their was alcohol in it,

Just worked this out now.... eh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

No. I usually have to be mouldy drunk before I set foot in a nightclub so it's all the one to me.
    Fcuking hate nightclubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I always get bottles when i'm in clubs.

Probably wouldn't notice much if my drink was watered down tbh,cos i'm usually quite drunk.
    Which is probably why some places might try to get away with it..

• Registered Users Posts: 45,475 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Then in the club i got a pint of budweiser must of been watered down

Nope, that's just the way it tastes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Its quite likely that this happens in a lot of bars, especially when there are specials on. Not only that but I suspect that cheaper vodkas are rebottled into the bottles of premium vodkas.

Only a hunch, never worked in a bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Carlow, what do you expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

Hi people just taught id share this story with ye, I was in the Foundry last night with my mates as ya do,

I was a fairly tipsy had a few beers before going out, then 2 shots of Jack Daniels at home.

Then in the club i got a pint of budweiser must of been watered down didnt taste like their was alcohol in it, After that i ordered a double JD @ €9.50 no ice that was definatly not the full 38% abv i was ****ing raging but if i tried complaining to the bar man id probably get chucked out...
    I also notice some people bring in their own vodka etc... cant say id blame them anymore

Any1 else get the same feeling when out clubbing that the alcohol they buy at a hefty price is watered down???

Thats what you get for asking for a drink without Ice, he probably added water instead :D Dont try to be so smart the next time :P

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Welcome to Budweiser.

Its quite likely that this happens in a lot of bars, especially when there are specials on. Not only that but I suspect that cheaper vodkas are rebottled into the bottles of premium vodkas.

Only a hunch, never worked in a bar.

Well I've never heard someone ask for a 'Smirnoff vodka with 7up please' as opposed to ' Vodkaaaaa & 7uppppppp'.

That is of course if smirnoff is a premium vodka. Don't know much about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Seriously, I've never gotten this.

How do you water down something that comes straight from a keg? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

easyeason3 wrote: »
    Well I've never heard someone ask for a 'Smirnoff vodka with 7up please' as opposed to ' Vodkaaaaa & 7uppppppp'.

That is of course if smirnoff is a premium vodka. Don't know much about it.

No but the bottles behind the bar are labelled with what they are supposed to contain. I do know if yu ask for a vodka redbull its often some other caffeine energy drink thats provided. Not that I care, it isn't my poison of choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Isn't this covered under the Weights and Measurements Act?

I vaguely remember being told, when i worked in a pub, that they were subject to inspection. They could be checked for watering down spirits or re-labeling bottles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Any1 else get the same feeling when out clubbing that the alcohol they buy at a hefty price is watered down???

Maybe if you drank less you wouldn't be desensitized to it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Some1 told me they use cheap Huzzar Vodka re bottle it into Smirnoff bottles... & if you ask for vodka & redbull u get Huzzar & some cheap energy drink like Shark which are only €0.35c a can Robbing Greedy bastards:mad:
    The more they have the more they want

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

I avoid situations like this by drinking 6 Bavaria at home while watching Ghost Busters 2.

I'm a hit with da ladies.

No but the bottles behind the bar are labelled with what they are supposed to contain. I do know if yu ask for a vodka redbull its often some other caffeine energy drink thats provided. Not that I care, it isn't my poison of choice.

Nor mine. But I'd imagine that most people in a nightclub would be well on & wouldn't notice.

Vodka = yuck
    Redbull & vodka = puke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

SantryRed wrote: »
    Seriously, I've never gotten this.

How do you water down something that comes straight from a keg? :confused:

The simple answer is that you can't. Pints that taste slightly watery have simply been pumped with too much gas in the pipeline. It may affect the taste slightly but it doesn't 'water down' the drink at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Then in the club i got a pint of budweiser must of been watered down didnt taste like their was alcohol in it

I suggest that you buy beer next time, rather than Budweiser.

Some1 told me they use cheap Huzzar Vodka re bottle it into Smirnoff bottles... & if you ask for vodka & redbull u get Huzzar & some cheap energy drink like Shark which are only €0.35c a can Robbing Greedy bastards:mad:
    The more they have the more they want

And if you get a strange tasting bottle of beer then it's more than likely been capped (cap taken off, wrong order or not consumed) & re-capped to sell again.
    The funkier the taste the longer it's been capped & your hangover will be much worse in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

Piece of advice OP, stay away from that Jack daniels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Even if you did get a bottle of beer in a club that was recapped & tasted flat, If you went back to the counter to complain they'd probably get the Bouncers after you...

Isn't this covered under the Weights and Measurements Act?

I vaguely remember being told, when i worked in a pub, that they were subject to inspection. They could be checked for watering down spirits or re-labeling bottles.
    i used to change kegs in the foundry and stock the bottles - unless theyve done some drastic post-recession reorganizing, nobody in there has the time or inclination to water down the spirits at any rate. vodka flies off that shelf.

as for watering down kegs i wouldnt even know how that would get accomplished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

I'd been drinking all evening, we move on to another bar.

Ordered a double vodka. I didnt add much mixer, couldnt taste the vodka in it at all.

Get into argument with bar man about it being watered down.

Wake up the next day and my last memory from the evening is arguing with the bar man. I was so pissed I couldnt taste the vodka. Barman must of thought I was a complete drunk ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Yet you'll probably go back to said club next weekend as well and do it all over again, oh you crazy kids.

just do what i did on my nights off: order a small coke in a large glass :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

wild_cat wrote: »
    I'd been drinking all evening, we move on to another bar.

Ordered a double vodka. I didnt add much mixer, couldnt taste the vodka in it at all.
    Get into argument with bar man about it being watered down.

Wake up the next day and my last memory from the evening is arguing with the bar man. I was so pissed I couldnt taste the vodka. Barman must of thought I was a complete drunk ****.

You are not meant to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Tiny Explosions

You are not meant to

So you're not supposed to taste vodka when drinking vodka?

Pretty sure you are meant to taste it:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I was in 'the' nightclub in limerick last night, hate the place and my usual wouldnt let a friend in so we went to the other place.
    Ordered a Jameson and red, as I always do. Had a few, went back for another and the barman(differnt to the other guys who'd served me) got my whiskey, put the glass on the bar, got out the bottle o red lemonade and poured it for me! :mad:

WTF??

Has this ever happened anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I worked in one pub (in the UK) were they emptied the remains for the drip trays back into the kegs at the end of the night. The larger slop always went back into either the Fosters or Bud keg, as both tasted like piss anyway.

But in the UK its legal for pubs to put the slops of real ale back into the real ale kegs, over here no one would bother their ass to attempt to put water or anything else back into a pressurised keg, its too messy and chances are you would lose more lager than save by constantly unscrewing/then closing the tap piping.

Advertisement