Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Niteclubs Drinks Watered Down

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Look Terry,

We're never going to see eye to eye on this. Is prejudice wrong? Of course it is.

However I worked in the hospitality trade for over fifteen years in bars, clubs, hotels, etc in Ireland, Belgium and Germany. When someone comes in your door you have about three seconds to size them up before they open their mouth. So how do you judge a persons character inside three seconds without ever hearing them speak, giving them a chance to express their opinions on life? You can't, so you try and judge it by the next best indicator: Appearance. That's it, inside three seconds that's all you've got.

So what do you judge this on? Dress, posture, accent if you hear it and yes what they drink is a factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Terry wrote: »
    So you are still judging others on their tastebuds.
    That's an awesome skill.
    Please tell me how you manage to do that.

Why single him out?
    Groups of lads everywhere either slag each other off for drinking a "girly" drink, or slag women off for drinking pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

bluewolf wrote: »
    Why single him out?
    Groups of lads everywhere either slag each other off for drinking a "girly" drink, or slag women off for drinking pints.
    Because he is posting in this thread, and so am I.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Insulting someone over how their tastebuds operate is the most pointless thing a person can do. I honestly cannot think of a more inane exercise.

Beer snobs can suck my hairy, sweaty balls.

lol

Advertisement