Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Total Fitness Castleknock

Options
  • 18-07-2010 12:14am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

Has anybody any idea how to get into this place?
    They've changed the road layout about ten times already but today i tried two different routes and none of the roads actually seems to go there anymore.:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Degsy wrote: »
    Has anybody any idea how to get into this place?
    They've changed the road layout about ten times already but today i tried two different routes and none of the roads actually seems to go there anymore.:mad:

Nope done it myself this week and had to miss training altogether, its a swine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Nope done it myself this week and had to miss training altogether, its a swine.

Ended up in Clare hall and it just wasnt the same..i'm a ring them tommorow and see what the craic is.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

See here. Inbound on the N3, you have to take the left hand lane (signposted Blanchardstown Village/M50 south). This crosses over the n3 and you can turn off this road to get into the fitness centre.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I think if you're coming off the M50 or from the city side of the Navan road you have to go up to the overpass beyond Blanch village, Cross the bridge and go back down the other side. Then you follow the directions given above.
    It's a bloody nightmare at the moment that whole junction around Blanch!

richardjjd wrote: »
    See here. Inbound on the N3, you have to take the left hand lane (signposted Blanchardstown Village/M50 south). This crosses over the n3 and you can turn off this road to get into the fitness centre.

I tried printing that map but i dodnt have a colour printer so its useless lol.
    Any idea how to get there from River road?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

Degsy wrote: »
    I tried printing that map but i dodnt have a colour printer so its useless lol.
    Any idea how to get there from River road?

Follow Gaspode's directions: from River Road, take the N3 outbound, through the M50 roundabout, pass the traffic lights at the entrance to Blanchardstown village, take the next slip road (marked Blanchardstown Shopping Centre) turn right at the top, right again onto the slip road to get onto the N3 inbound and then stay in the left hand lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Because Google maps aren't always right, and that one is seriously ****ing wrong and outdated. The gym is at the other side of the M50. The whole area is a mess with new road layouts.

Think your best bet might be to get a helicopter lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Go there myself Degsy. That stretch of road where you'd normally turn left into Total is closed to traffic coming along the N3 from Blanch/Clonee. Traffic is diverted but still comes right by the gym from different side andallows you to turn left immediately into car park, if you get me.

Alternatively, that closed stretch of road is not affecting traffic coming out right, onto the N3 from Blanch village and you can still come from this direction like before.

I've never actually been to any of the other TFs. Are they really that bad?

Jay D wrote: »
    I've never actually been to any of the other TFs. Are they really that bad?

I went up to the one on malahide road and i just found the weights room to be very cramped by comparison and lacking in atmosphere...it was full of hair-preening Curl-Jockeys too :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Japer

Gaspode wrote: »
    It's a bloody nightmare at the moment that whole junction around Blanch!
    +1
    A few clearer signs would help too.

Advertisement