Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Xbox wireless adapter help.

• 18-07-2010 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

Hey guys. I presume this is the right forum and if it's not, mods feel free to move.

I bought a wireless adapter for my xbox today and I can't get the installation disk to work. It just keeps saying "mixed media disk". I have enabled auto-play and it still won't work. Is this a common problem or did I just buy a faulty one? Any help is appreciated.

P.S I'm not sure if this is relevant or not, but even though the adapter is plugged in to the xbox, the light isn't showing on it. Is this normal or have I just plugged it in wrong?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

kev9100 wrote: »
    Hey guys. I presume this is the right forum and if it's not, mods feel free to move.

I bought a wireless adapter for my xbox today and I can't get the installation disk to work. It just keeps saying "mixed media disk". I have enabled auto-play and it still won't work. Is this a common problem or did I just buy a faulty one? Any help is appreciated.

P.S I'm not sure if this is relevant or not, but even though the adapter is plugged in to the xbox, the light isn't showing on it. Is this normal or have I just plugged it in wrong?:confused:

What kind of adaptor are you using? Maybe mines just old now but it didn't have a disc with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

What kind of adaptor are you using? Maybe mines just old now but it didn't have a disc with it

I think mine is the newer one. Its black and has two antennas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭shanec1928

do you have it plugged in at the back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭okla

If you have the latest dashboard update the installation disc is not needed.
    Just plug the wireless adapter in and go to network setting to set it up.
    Hope this helps:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Cheers guys. I just unplugged the adapter and then plugged it back in and that seemed to do the trick. Fortunately, I didn't need to use the disk in the end:D.

• Advertisement
Advertisement