Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Naked Bike Ride

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭AFC_1903

Ah. It looks like many of you, despite your hopes and dreams, missed seeing my multi-coloured bollocks.

Maybe next time :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

AFC_1903 wrote: »
    Ah. It looks like many of you, despite your hopes and dreams, missed seeing my multi-coloured bollocks.

Maybe next time :pac:

Did you notice a white transit van with curtains over the back windows? Facsbook later perhaps? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Cork WNBR - another successful ride this year. Higher turnout than last year, though personally, I was a bit disappointed we didn't reach 100 cyclists.

Great response from the public; drivers and pedestrians were cheering and waving, laughing, tooting horns. I didn't see a single impatient driver. (I hope Dublin's Gardai take note)

Lots of fab body painting on display; too good to spoil with slogans. Head to toe multicolour creations. The three masked Mexican wrestlers were great. One slogan I liked; on the back "Hey driver.." and on the front "I bet you notice me now."

The route was from the city centre, via MacCurtin St, Penrose Quay, RH Hall to the marquee and back. Chilly wind blowing down the river but the rain held off.

Well done the organisers and especially the "exhibitionists". I thoroughly enjoyed it - and support the important message underlying the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭corkdave

The 2012 World Naked Bike Ride in Cork will be the fourth one in the city, and should be a lot bigger this year. It is on the same day as the attempt by Cork Bodypainting to enter the Guinness book of records for the largest gathering of fully bodypainted people. Saturday 28th July is the date, from 3.00 to 5.00pm. Bodypainting starts at 9.30am. Details at http://wiki.worldnakedbikeride.org/index.php?title=Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

The SEVENTH Cork WNBR in on this Saturday 13th June.
    Starting at 3.00pm, ending around 4.30pm, depending on traffic.

Nudity not mandatory. "As bare as you dare" is the motto

How do I register?
    Email nakedbikecork@gmail.com with the following information.
    1. Tell us your name
    2. Tell us your mobile phone number. We have to have this because we
    never announce where the gathering point of the ride is. Instead we
    send this information to ride participants just before the start.
    3. Tell us if you are registering as a naked cyclist or as a clothed steward.
    4. If you are registering as a naked cyclist, tell us if you want to
    be bodypainted. We can not guarantee that you will have an artist, but
    we will do our best. If you want to be bodypainted you will have to be
    available earlier in the day, maybe as early as 9.30am, but later time
    slots may be available.

Should be hoot, again!

• Advertisement
Advertisement