Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Oaks 3.40 Sunday

• 18-07-2010 3:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭

There is rain alright

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp?ani=y

Snow Fairy blew up in a listed race on soft ground 19l at the end of last year after after running 3rd a short neck in a G3. Doesn't look good for the favorite, The Dam wasn't in love with it either..

Hibaayeb looks to have question marks over it too. Eased on GS at Newmarket in the Guineas. She seems to thrive on GF more than anything. Dam didn't mind it but only wins came on GF.

Meeznah has run on Good at worst but Dynaformer is 14% on Heavy ground and the Dam won a listed on VSft in France and broke her maiden on GS.

Eldalil and Hibaayeb share the same sire who in fact has a less than brilliant record for progeny on GS or worse at 6%/7% and 15% on GF. Dam didn't look too keen on it but went close on GS on one occasion

Remember Whens dam just didn't look very good on any ground. Danehill Dancers progeny have no issue with it though and RW pushed winner to a neck on debut on Heavy. Not much to say other than it doesn't look like causing any issues.

Akdarena has 2yo Soft form at the Curragh. Looks like she was running too short a distance though at that point (IMO). Sire Hernando seems to have balanced record on ground with 15% on heavy. Dam won 17 runner maiden at 4/9 by 5l on Yielding at Fairyhouse and arguably her worst run came on Good at Doncaster.

Desert Sage ran winner to 1/2l on debut on GS. Sire 9% on Heavy and 11-12% on Soft, GS. Balanced. Winless dam ran whole career in France in bogs so hard to decipher but ran 1/2l on debut on VSft and 2nd again on Soft at Deauville.

Last One

Crystal Gal ran best in the Irish Guineas on GF but beat Free Judgement and Jan Vermeer on debut in Sft/Heavy ground at the Curragh. Jan Vermeer a derby hopeful and Free Judgement who was closest to Canford Cliffs in the Irish Guineas. Disappointed in an 8f Listed race on Soft back at the Curragh but beaten by Lady Lupus, Akdarena, and Atasari who are very quick but probably don't stay. Crystal Gal got to within 3l of bethra in the Irish guineas, finishing just behind Lillie Langtry and Music Show (Both came out and won Group ones subsequently over a mile). Shes By Galileo out of a Danehill mare (he produces a lot of stayers despite being a sprinter himself) so is bred to stay. 40/1, 33/1 could be made to look very silly tomorrow.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 gayboy

Eldalil has a massive chance in this imo.

Let me first say, the jockey is a massive negative, Richard Hills is the worst!

But this filly is very progressive, watch the Ribblesdale again and you will see she was not knocked about and had to come wide, the Godolphin filly got first run and that was that.

Currently 8/1 or so on Betfair (liquidity sucks though)

Thank me later:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

gayboy wrote: »
    Eldalil has a massive chance in this imo.

But this filly is very progressive, watch the Ribblesdale again and you will see she was not knocked about and had to come wide, the Godolphin filly got first run and that was that.

Currently 8/1 or so on Betfair (liquidity sucks though)

Thank me later:)

I've watched it and I cant be taking any single figure prices on a horse with no form on the ground. Good luck.

Remember When and Crystal Gal are my bets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

Akderena @ 15/1 on betfair.

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

gayboy wrote: »

I agree with everything bar this, not a fan of him myself but he's a huge step up from O'Shea and she'll suit him down to the floor.

Advertisement