Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decking Advice

• 18-07-2010 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭

Im looking at putting decking on my new home. What kind of wood is best for the job ? What does better quality wood get me, would it last longer or just look better ? Im thinking of going with basic enough boards from my builders providers, as the budget is pretty tight at this stage.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Decking is (IMHO) kinda passé now....our damp climate doesnt suit outdoor timber....so any time it rains your decking will become a death-trap for anybody risking walking on it...and after a few months it won't look particularly pretty either....

If you want something long lasting, perhaps consider granite slabs? Rain only makes it look better....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

exaisle wrote: »
    Decking is (IMHO) kinda passé now....our damp climate doesnt suit outdoor timber....so any time it rains your decking will become a death-trap for anybody risking walking on it...and after a few months it won't look particularly pretty either....

If you want something long lasting, perhaps consider granite slabs? Rain only makes it look better....

Well I kind of have to go with it as the front of the house will be split level, and the way its working out means slabbing or anything else that sits on the ground will be really akward.

Also, the last 3-4 months up until now have been almost bone dry, so its not bad all the time ( just most of it !)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Without wishing to compromise your privacy, is there any way you can post a pic so we can see exactly what you mean?

Advertisement