Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VTOS and BTEA question, anyone ?

Options
  • 18-07-2010 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi. I’ll be starting full time PLC course in september as a mature student. I'm in receipt of jobseeker’s allowance for a while now and hoping to qualify for VTOS.

I’ve been talking over the phone with the VTOS officer and she said there is a lot of people applying and there is a chance I might not get it. She said it depends on the application date. I asked when I can apply and got the answer, on the 1st of september, at my college.

So I was just wondering now, what are the chances of me qualifying for the VTOS if I apply on that day, won't everyone be applying on september the 1st ?

Also should I just sit tight and wait for september to come or maybe apply now for BTEA just in case I won't qualify for VTOS ?

I'm a bit confused about all this, wouldn't want any delays in payment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭superbad50

I would suggest get your application's in asap. I believe there is a backlog in all departments. If you leave in, in september , god knows when you will receive your fee's

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭BroFlo

sorry to hijack but what is VTOS? and who is eligable?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭superbad50

it's a scheme that offers unemployed people a chance to return to education while maintaining their benefit . you'll be better off to google vtos to find out the criteria of acceptance

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭muffinn

superbad50 wrote: »
    I would suggest get your application's in asap. I believe there is a backlog in all departments. If you leave in, in september , god knows when you will receive your fee's

Will do. Thanks for reply.

I'll try to figure it out whether I can apply for VTOS before the start of semester, because from what I've been told I would have to wait until september with that.

I will apply for BTEA, though.
    Is it ok to do that and then cancel it if I get the VTOS payment ?

Advertisement