Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording Studios...

• 18-07-2010 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi, I'm looking for somewhere that myself and my band can record our first EP... We're looking for somwhere with a good reputation and equipment, but preferably not too expensive... Any and all help is handy, cheers. :D

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

S_Len wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking for somewhere that myself and my band can record our first EP... We're looking for somwhere with a good reputation and equipment, but preferably not too expensive... Any and all help is handy, cheers. :D

Go ask in the Music Production forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

Yo I have a home studio all professional quality gear if you want just a recording with a basic mix its 30 euro a song recording with a professional mix is 50 euro per song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭PMI

O lord...

you need to think about spending around 300+ per day if you want something worth while....

quality mix for 50 quid, i think not !!

also i would say, make sure your save enough to record over a few days dont go in thinking to do it in one, or it will be crap and just a demo, and demos are not for anyone nowadays.

Make sure your rehearsed more than you know and get the drummer to fall in love with a click track :)

put it this way our latest single took 3 days to record, and 1st day was 7 hours of swapping drums heads, drum tuning, different shells, snares and kicks and on from there, also we didnt mix in them 3 days.....

so you get the picture :) good luck with it though and try and get the engineer to send you out his recent recording to get an idea if its for you or not :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

PMI wrote: »
    O lord...

you need to think about spending around 300+ per day if you want something worth while....

quality mix for 50 quid, i think not !!

also i would say, make sure your save enough to record over a few days dont go in thinking to do it in one, or it will be crap and just a demo, and demos are not for anyone nowadays.

Make sure your rehearsed more than you know and get the drummer to fall in love with a click track :)

put it this way our latest single took 3 days to record, and 1st day was 7 hours of swapping drums heads, drum tuning, different shells, snares and kicks and on from there, also we didnt mix in them 3 days.....

so you get the picture :) good luck with it though and try and get the engineer to send you out his recent recording to get an idea if its for you or not :)

Trust me its quality pm me if anyone wants links to work that i've done.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jawn

Check out Trackmix Studios in Blanchardstown. That place is so underrated.

My band just did our new track there and the quality is great.

Check the song out at http://myspace.com/bringhimhome

and check the studio out at http://myspace.com/trackmixstudio

Mick's and great guy and an even better producer and it's only 350 lids a day to record.

Hope this helps,
    Peace.

• Advertisement

Please use the resources thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement