Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC Vet Expose this Thursday

Options
  • 18-07-2010 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭

It Shouldn't Happen at a Vets'

Thursday 22 July
    9:00pm - 10:00pm
    BBC1
    Filming undercover in one of Britain's largest veterinary chains, Panorama reveals evidence of questionable bills, animals poorly treated, and an unrepentant vet struck off for dishonesty. Pet owners who take best practice on trust are in for a shock.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Should be interesting no doubt this kind of thing can go on anywhere.
    Sometimes vets may give an animal something that they might not really need but it's hard for an owner to quetion it sometimes because they want what's best for their animal and may not have the expertise to deceide if it's needed or not.

Doubt I'm the only one who has felt over charged before.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I would not want to pre-empt the program but I have heard concerns that a few Vets may be "making the most" of pet insurance. I know someone who ran up a huge bill which their insurance company paid - how much was necessary is up for debate. However they didn't realise that their premium would rise to such an extent that it is unaffordable.

Just to balance things out, this vet is amazing:

The Bionic Vet

Tuesday 20 July
    10:35pm - 11:05pm
    BBC1

Advertisement