Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hyperflex rubber driveway paint - opinions

• 18-07-2010 12:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

Thinking of bringing in this from the us as a cheap way to do a large drive. Looks really good. Wonder why it hasn't caught on over here - there are no suppliers in Ireland. Any opinions?

http://hypersealinc.com/index.php/driveway/driveway-sealer.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 AlphaNet

wingnut wrote: »
    Thinking of bringing in this from the us as a cheap way to do a large drive. Looks really good. Wonder why it hasn't caught on over here - there are no suppliers in Ireland. Any opinions?

http://hypersealinc.com/index.php/driveway/driveway-sealer.html

Hi,

I'm in the United States. I haven't used the product yet but I have some being shipped to me and I will let you know the results.

There really aren't any suppliers in the United States so I am not surprised it's not in Ireland. It's probably due to the expense. It's twice as expensive as other driveway sealers.

I'm paying $400USD for two 5 gallon containers plus I have to do it myself. I can get someone to do it for <$200USD but that's using coal-tar. I wanted something that might be able to withstand the rigors of freezing-melting in the winter (I'm in Northeastern U.S. where during the winter we get a lot of freezing-melting cycles, sometimes daily cycles for weeks at a time).

It's supposed to last 7 to 10 years so if I can get 7 years out of it I will break even over coal-tar and save money if I can get 10 years.

Advertisement