Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel insurance wont pay up

Options
  • 18-07-2010 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

Basically my parents had to cancel flights with ryanair when my grandad died. This was in sept 2008 and they took out ryanair travel insurance (idiots). Since then, ryanair requested all the death certs etc etc, grandad died of sudden heart attack if that helps. Anyways despite contacting them several times, threatening legal action etc, they have still yet to pay. There is no issue with us not getting the refund, but more them just not being arsed paying it, hoping for us to just let it go i feel, and they know that legal action probably aint worth it (they owe 800 euro).

What else can my parents do in this situation as its now nearly 2 years since this happened?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

I'm sure either small claims court or financial ombudsman would sort this out very quickly at minimal cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

Advertisement