Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physiotherapists / Chiropractor Balbriggan

Options
  • 18-07-2010 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭

Can somebody please recommend one to me in the Balbriggan area, Ive gone and done something to my back and have been living off painkillers for the past 2 weeks and things arnt getting any better.

Any recommendations welcome.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Timoretta Gray in the Balbriggan Physiotherapy practice. They share their premises with a GP surgery - I think it's the Bracken Clinic? She practises accupuncture as well as standard physio if you are comfortable with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Yeah sounds good. Il give them a ring tomorrow. My back is messed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

I've been attending Dr. Accardi on Clonard street for a good while now, found that chiropractor seems to be working better than physiotherapy. I've an ongoing problem with my neck and I return to him every 3-4 months for a session which seems to keep the problem under control. So I would definitely recommend him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

I found Dr Accardy very expensive.++
    The one is Bracekn Clinic, is good,cathy

Maybe so - not familair with the other rates?

he charges 50€ for the initial session and 40€ for any treatments after that.

What would be the going rates in Bracken clinic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

hi Snarh, I think the sessions only went on for about 5 mins??
    When I was in the Bracken clinic it was by the half hour.I cant remember what it was, its been a long time(THANK GOD).
    cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

sean keenan (physio) on hampton street fixed me right up, decent chap.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Firstly,

Sean Keenan is a PhysicAL therapist.

The girls in Bracken Clinic are PhysiO therapists.

There is a major difference, google it to see.

Been to both with an ankle injury (combination of treatment worked wonders).

Both charge circa 50euro both sessions last about 30mins.

If its your back I would recommend physio therapy as they will manipulate your back and the problem may possibly be linked to biomechanics, tight hamstrings, trapped nerves etc which they will check out.

I always go to bracken for my needs, I was once told by another physio that id never play football again. Saw physios in bracken clinic and they got me sorted and playing within four months, that was 6 years ago and im still playing.

Cathy, it is only 5 mins indeed. Seems to do the trick though?
    Does Bracken Clinic do any chiropractor (y? what's the word??) as well or only psysio?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

to my knowledge its physio only...

havent been to chiropractiology [sic] :) but heard its supposed to be the ticket for back problems.

• Advertisement

Well I certainly think so. It has helped my neck-shoulder-back at lot more than any other therapy I've tried (and trust, that's loads of them!). It's very odd though, it's 5 minutes (max!), click that bone, clack that bone, tjak tjak, done. But it seems to work so I happily dish out the 40 quid every 4 months!

I got a appointment tomorrow at the Bracken, il let you know how i get on.

Just back from the clinc now. I think she did a great job, was in there for half hour or so, did some Dry Needling to my shoulders which felt a bit odd but it seems to have helped the pain and loosened me up a bit and a bit of stretching and kneeding to all the problem areas. Would recommend them. Got a second appointment for monday so hopefully she will work out the rest of the kinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Just back from the clinc now. I think she did a great job, was in there for half hour or so, did some Dry Needling to my shoulders which felt a bit odd but it seems to have helped the pain and loosened me up a bit and a bit of stretching and kneeding to all the problem areas. Would recommend them. Got a second appointment for monday so hopefully she will work out the rest of the kinks.

How much did she charge? I have a first appointment for monday with a torn disc, so I'll b seeing plenty of her :(

€55 euro, I'm not sure what the going rate for returning patiences are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Eoineo wrote: »
    Timoretta Gray in the Balbriggan Physiotherapy practice. They share their premises with a GP surgery - I think it's the Bracken Clinic? She practises accupuncture as well as standard physio if you are comfortable with that.

Agreed, really sound as well.. Can't recomend her enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

minikin wrote: »
    sean keenan (physio) on hampton street fixed me right up, decent chap.

Sean is a physical therapist as Morphéus has said already but is absolutly brilliant for muscle injuries. The only thing is that it is sore but well worth it in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Just to carry on with this.

I saw Robert in the bracken clinic for the last two saturdays (not today). Found him very good, Big on building core strength and posture correction. Which is causing a lot of my problems. Finished with him and got transferred to Timmoretta. Had my first appointment with her on thursday and found her incredible tbh. She used the dry nnedling to relieve a lot of thee muscle tension in my shoulder. I did not like the procedure at all, but that is my hang-up with needles, nothing to do with her. The results of the dry needling were incredible. It literally felt like my arm was hanging from the shoulder joint, such was the muscular tension beforehand. It was a revelation how much better it was. She also did a lot of work on loosening some of my vertebre, which appear to be quite rigid.
    All in all I felt great leaving her. I am back in there monday, so its starting to get pricey (that will be 3 visits in 9 days) and the returning visit is the same price as the imitial consultation, which is 55 euro a pop. But my 3 visits have been 50 mins, an hour, and 55 mins. Maybe I was just lucky that there was no-one coming in after me, but they spent plenty of time with me.
    I'd definately recommend the clinic anyway. I also believe Timoretta is a pilates instructor, so if its spinal related injury like mine, she is probably ideal.
    Its not cheap, but I have found a huge improvement in my pain levels, and mobility in just 3 sessions.

Jim

Advertisement